At Tingtel our Product Designer is an integral part of our product development process. We believe our designer should be driving decisions using the data they gather from research activities, analytics, and product experimentation. We’re looking for a Product Designer who is enthusiastic about solving complex problems and who will push boundaries, influence strategy, and have a strong impact on product execution and quality.
You’ll get your hands dirty in all steps of product discovery and delivery. You’ll be part of the whole product lifecycle, working closely with product managers, engineers and customers to bring amazing ideas to life.
Key Accountabilities for the Product Designer
- As a Product Designer at Tingtel, your primary responsibility is to ensure we are designing an inspiring product people love – one that drives customer and business success. You will focus on research activities to understand the needs of our target segment, prototyping, testing, iterating on solutions, and partnering with engineering to ship experiments.
- Whilst we don’t expect everyone to be an expert at everything, a willingness to dive into the unknown and tackle design challenges at any stage – discovery, solutions, or production – is essential to succeeding as a designer.
- Leading designs to deliver high impact, inspiring design work that is driven by the needs of the customer in mind
- Partnering with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to build and deliver on product roadmaps, iteratively, and with an experimental mindset
- Explore and communicate design concepts for digital products through artifacts like user flows, wireframes, prototypes.
- Validate and iterate design concepts by running experiments, measuring usability, considering market analysis and balance against technical constraints/opportunities.
- Use prototyping tools to convey product or service concept, interaction, movement and functionality.
- Engage customers, stakeholders and your team to ensure your proposed design fits business goals and technical constraints in addition to user needs.
Key Requirements for the Product Designer
- 3+ years’ experience in designing exceptional consumer products across mobile and web
- Experience of all stages of the design process, from initial discovery, co-creation workshops, ideation and concept development through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Deep knowledge of Figma, particularly components, libraries, auto layout, and plugins.
- Interest in user experience, prototyping, personas, behavioural economics, and/or ethnographic research.
- You have extensive knowledge of UX design processes and methodologies
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- You are a systemic thinker and can demonstrate the ability to translate complex problems into simple and intuitive user experiences
- Experience with planning and conducting exploratory user research and usability testing
- Excellent communication skills: you can communicate research findings, complex conceptual ideas, and design decisions succinctly and effectively across different audiences
- Be part of a dynamic, driven team, with strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business. A startup atmosphere with flat hierarchies – meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas.
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings.
- A great company culture with regular social activities.
To apply for this job please visit tingtelpaylimited.bamboohr.com.