Product Designer at Utopia
Similar to how most young professionals meet nowadays, our team originally met online (Discord and Twitter).
While hacking away together at web3 hackathons, our founding team became fascinated with DAOs. We believe that DAOs have the potential to revolutionize human coordination.
DAOs allow individuals across the world to collaborate, allocate capital, and make decisions towards a common goal. It gives access for anyone to capture direct value from what they create, and helps align incentives across millions, if not billions, of people.
Our vision is to build the infrastructure to scale DAO’s and crypto native internet organizations. And we’re backed by top Crypto investors like Kindred Ventures, Coinbase, Gusto and many DAOs/DAO operators to bring this vision to fruition.
🎨 Design at Utopia Labs
Great design in crypto is rare – whether it’s at the blockchain, protocol, or user-interfacing layer. In a space filled with technical complexity and confusing jargon; At Utopia labs, we believe that design/User Experience in itself is a key factor to lowering barriers of entry into crypto and DAOs and we aim to align ourselves with design leaders who want to act on this insight.
We believe in first-principles design thinking – in creating innovations in user experience, not just solutions for user problems. We believe in supporting artists who love crafting beauty and chasing perfection.
As a product designer at Utopia Labs, you will help craft our design vision and our product experience. If you’re interested in championing design leadership in the web3 space, we’d love for you to apply!
- Articulate a long-term design and user experience direction and vision for our company and our product as we scale
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building interfaces that are simple, easy to comprehend, beautiful, and reliable
- Turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter by working with engineers, product managers, and senior leadership.
- Participate in regular design reviews where you’ll seek out specific feedback on your designs and incorporate relevant feedback
- Execute on the product roadmap and help define product strategy
- Daily collaboration with Engineering, User Research, and Product
Need to Have
- You have at least 2 years of experience in designing product interfaces. Bonus points if you’ve specifically designed for web applications that interact with different user groups.
- You’re familiar with current trends and best practices in design thinking and user experience design.
- You’re familiar with product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with engineers, and product managers.
Nice to Have
- Started, or participating in a DAO as a core contributor.
- Interest in crypto and collaboration.
- 1+ years full-time experience in a blockchain-based project
- Demonstrated interest in open and community-driven platforms.
Perks & Benefits
🎒 Health and wellbeing
We offer top-of-the-line benefits, including health, mental health, dental, and vision insurance.
🌴 Time off
We want people to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer a 3 week paid vacation as well as 10 observed holidays by country.
🐣 Parental leave
Our parental leave policy offers biological, adoptive, and foster parents paid time off to spend quality time with family.
🥗 Lunch on us
You’ll have a very generous meal budget for you to eat every day.
We offer monthly commuter credits.
To apply for this job please click on -> jobs.lever.co.
Product Designer at Utopia Labs