Apprentice is revolutionizing pharma manufacturing. Our mission is to transform an industry largely still paper-based with modern technology so manufacturers can get medicine to patients faster. Our Tempo Manufacturing Cloud scales the drug production lifecycle faster through a cloud-native platform, augmented reality, and mobile and wearable devices. We had the right technology at the right time to help our customers produce over 370 million Covid-19 doses, leading to a 12X growth rate, 512% net customer retention, and over $140 million in venture funding.
We’re a roll-up-your-sleeves culture that looks for a challenge and accomplishes big goals. . We’re dedicated, mission-driven, and relentless on our path to changing the world. Keep reading if this excites you. Apply if this emulates and empowers you.
About the role:
Apprentice is looking for a Product Owner to produce technology solutions from concept to delivery that satisfy customer needs in alignment with our overall strategy. This is a critical, high visibility role with significant business ownership reporting to the Director, Product Management.
This position can be located fully remotely with expectations to travel to the office once a quarter or as needed.
- Work directly with the Tempo Product Managers to execute the product roadmap for Tempo features
- While product managers own finding the right problems to prioritize, you will own driving the solution to those problems
- Take proposed epics from product managers and work with engineering and QA to shape them into user stories
- Manage and prioritize the development team’s story backlog to support the product roadmap and strategy
- Write detailed and effective acceptance criteria for user stories to support a high quality and validated product
- Work closely with engineering and QA daily, unblocking ongoing work
- Own and manage the JIRA project(s) for the Tempo project, including the integration with Aha! and other tools
- Own and manage the communication related to timelines, risks, resource requirements, etc.
- Present and demonstrate new product updates to key stakeholders in lunch and learns and sprint reviews
- Work cross-functionally to identify and mitigate risks and issues, communicating effectively to the broader company, including senior leadership
- Responsible for managing product deliverables and documentation related to the product release cycle
- Help establish and drive scrum processes and ceremonies
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement, as well as create and execute process improvements and obtain stakeholder buy-in
- Help establish the overall processes and tools to be used by the Apprentice product team
- Support other members of the product team, such as Product Managers and Scrum Masters
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to technology or BioPharma preferred
- 3+ years experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst for a SaaS product
- 3+ years experience working with Agile Software Development
- 3+ years of experience with tools such as JIRA, Azure DevOps, and Confluence
- Detail-oriented, appreciates digging into and mapping out complex concepts
- The ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders. Able to translate between Technical and Functional stakeholders
- Strong leadership and organizational skills – someone who naturally takes charge of meetings and drives issues to closure
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial, startup attitude. Ability to work with flexible timelines and priorities, stepping in to take additional responsibility where required
- Experience within a GMP relevant BioPharma space or highly technical, high-risk technical software solution is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Generous benefits package (health, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Every employee is a shareholder!
- Paid parental leave
- Remote-friendly & flexible with a $500 at-home work setup stipend
- 16 company holidays, including 1 week off for the 4th of July and the week off between Christmas and New Years
- 3% 401k match after 12 months of service regardless of whether or not you contribute to your 401K
- Catered lunch for those in the office on Mondays/Wednesdays
- $50 monthly stipend for lunch and coffee for our fully remote employee
To apply for this job please click on -> boards.greenhouse.io.