Showlove is a gifting platform set out to change the way Africans give and receive gifts today.
We are looking for a hands-on Product & Platform Manager with deep enterprise platform expertise to achieve and deliver the Showlove mobile applications. This is an exciting period of rapid growth for the company as we are transitioning into a fully social platform changing the way Africans give and receive gifts.
Our candidate should have a wealth of experience in product operations, product and technology strategy, and has a command of scalable architectures. This person thrives in ambiguity and is adept at shepherding value through the organization and into the market.
• Reports to: Chief Product Officer
• Department: Product
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
• Product thought leader on platform including requirements, prioritization, and the roadmap
• Synthesizing market needs into product requirements and driving alignment with leadership on prioritization for the roadmap
• Leading design sprints and other cross functional exercises to explore product opportunities
• Owning the product roadmap within a product line, and executing with cross-functional teams to deliver on it
• Collaborating with Marketing, Technology, and Engineering groups to develop and drive product strategy for a product line while ensuring alignment with greater business goals and objectives
• Articulating a compelling product vision and inspiring cross-functional teams to rally around it
• Systematizing and scaling product processes within the Product team and across the organization
• Mentoring and fostering the development of best practices within the Product Management team
• Working across the organization to partner with and support various stakeholders key to delivering product
• Enabling customer-facing teams with product knowledge and direction
• Engaging with customers and lending product thought leadership in support of further product development, customer success, and BD activities
• Owning and managing the product backlog including writing stories, mitigating risk, prioritizing effectively, and unblocking the team
• Enabling highest leverage work for yourself and others
• Supporting customer audits as a Product SME
Job competencies and capabilities
• Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
• Led multi-disciplinary teams
• Product management of B2B SAAS enterprise platforms
• Excels at systems-level thinking
• Analytical and data driven
• Comfort with a fast-paced environment and ambiguity
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Extreme focus on detail
• Collaborative work style
• Demonstrates initiative and results driven
• Customer and user centric
• 3 to 5+ years’ experience in product management
• Experience in fintech infrastructure is a plus.
• Experience with startups is a plus.
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent Communication
• Execution Focused
• Decision Making
• Interpersonal Skills
Jira, Confluence, Google Apps, Trello
This role is office-based (3-4 times a week)
The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
International consideration is given. However, the company is not responsible for the procurement of visas or work permit.
Competitive based on experience
How to Apply
Send an email with the Position as the subject title to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org