On Deck is a global community where ambitious, talented people start and scale companies and invest in their careers, among a cohort of their peers.
You’ll start your journey at the 2-week Program Training Camp to learn how On Deck programs work and how you’ll support bringing one to life. With a solid foundation in place, you’ll join your program team.
As a Program Associate, you will be critical in translating big vision into execution. You can expect to do a bit of everything: event hosting, communications, logistics, no-code infrastructure/automation, feedback collection and experiments, booking guest speakers, and building relationships with Fellows.
You’ll work directly with the Program Director, Program Associates, as well as our Functional Ops and Experience teams. You’ll also build relationships with On Deck Fellows and others on the On Deck team.
This is an incredibly exciting role, with lots of opportunities to learn, get your hands dirty, and take on lots of responsibility from Day 1.
On Deck is where the world’s top talent comes to connect. Whatever it is our fellows want to do next, our ever-growing community and action-oriented programming will help them get there—fast. If our fellows want to learn something new to up-level their career, launch and scale big ideas, or make lifelong friends, this is the place.
Who you are:
- High output + execution hustle — You embrace the generalist mindset and slot in wherever necessary. You are highly resourceful, an eager learner, and thrive in a scrappy and often chaotic environment.
- Next-level customer supporter — You have experience in supporting and serving customers — bonus point if in a community-based experience/product. You deeply understand how to problem solve and provide value to customers in this setting.
- Frontlines community-builder – You love supporting and connecting people, and you rarely run out of energy for another Zoom chat or Slack message to learn about someone and their experience.
- Creative “spirit of service” – You think first how you can serve others and are always seeking opportunities to support Fellows. Your default setting is to get creative, and you’re often the source of pleasant surprises to those around you.
- Meticulously detail-oriented – You naturally take on ownership, have an eagerness to dive into the nitty gritty, and pride yourself on not letting anything fall through the cracks.
- Open to a culture of feedback – As a young and growing team, you’ll be an essential part of building culture. This currently includes regular opportunities to give and receive feedback.
- Experience working in a customer success role at a high growth startup (preferred, not required).
- Experience working with no-code tools and platforms like Airtable, Notion, Zapier, and Slack (preferred, not required).
What you will do:
- Logistics and Operations — Program Associates ensure that the experience is seamless for Fellows and efficient for our team to deliver. You’ll execute on the process for onboarding new Fellows, create a run of show for complex virtual events, and coordinate speakers and partners, to name a few. Juggling all of this will require strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Communications — As a fully remote team and program, communication is at the core of a successful Program Associate. All types: verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, collaborative, both with the internal team and Fellows. You’ll draft and send mail merges, write copy for event invitations, respond to DMs, and coordinate with a variety of people.
- No-Code Infrastructure — Program Associates work within our no-code stack to set up automations, infrastructure, and landing pages for new programs (we’ll help you learn, if you aren’t already familiar; it’s a superpower).
- Community Management — Program Associates have great interpersonal skills, with the ability to connect with a wide variety of humans. You’ll capture and review feedback from Fellows, make connections between community members, and become a curator and go-to team member for Fellows.
- …and whatever else will create value for Fellows. Our programs are dynamic and ever evolving. We pride ourselves on a culture of experimentation and constantly look for opportunities to better curate, deliver, and enhance the Fellowship experience.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You’ll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We’re backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Keith Rabois, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our Series A in this memo)
Additional details are below:
Please note this role is only open to candidates that are legally authorized to work where they reside. Due to the remote nature of the role, On Deck does not currently sponsor candidates for visas or work authorizations/permits and does not currently support the transfer of visas or work authorizations/permits from prior employers to On Deck.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, you can take any PTO you need, anytime you need, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, and we are excited about candidates globally. Please note that our team works on GMT-7 PST-friendly hours, so your location will affect your work hours, which may be difficult from Europe or Asia.
Why you might *not* be excited about us:
- We are a young company with about 150 people, so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You’ll help create our company’s culture.
- We’re an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
To apply for this job please click on -> jobs.lever.co.
Program Associate at OnDeck