Project Overview and Role:
Job Title: Program Associate
The objective of the SCALE project is to support civil society organizations (CSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities. The activity is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria.
Purpose of Position:
The Program Associate will provide both technical, administrative, and monitoring support for SCALE activities.
Duration: 1 year, with the possibility of extension for an additional year.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of Program Associate
- Works closely with the Project Advisors to support SCALE partners with implementing project interventions, including coaching, mentoring and field visits, where necessary, and the development of annual workplans.
- Manages and engages with resource partners and clusters on implementation of project activities on behalf of the team.
- Represents the component in events and activities and develop reports of participation.
- Supports project team to organize meetings with partners and other stakeholders.
- Maintains smooth relationships with all partners and stakeholders.
- Supports generation of monthly and quarterly reports, including success stories, and tracking progress on workplan, targets. and indicators.
- Works with Project Advisors and the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning team to develop and disseminate information to familiarize target audiences with SCALE project scope and activities.
- Maintains technical filing systems for the office.
- Supports project partners to ensure appropriate means of verifications of project results are collated and stored.
- Provides secretarial, administrative, and logistical support for meetings and other project events.
- Assists with the procurement of materials needed for project events.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by the technical team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, accountancy, administration, knowledge management, or related field.
- Progressively responsible development sector experience in program management, partner management, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and office operations/administration.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
- Ability to maintain financial records and prepare financial reports.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Strong oral/written communication skills in English.
- Experience with USAID-funded governance programs highly desired.
Please note that we cannot offer sponsorship for this position. To be considered for this role, all applicants must have the right to work and live in Nigeria permanently. Applications from individuals without the current right to work in Nigeria will not be considered. This position will be based in our Abuja office only. Applicants from outside Abuja are welcome but will need to relocate at their own expense as no relocation package is available.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
To apply for this job please visit palladium.csod.com.