Project Overview and Role:
Title: Program Manager
SCALE is a USAID-funded 5-year project (Oct 08, 2020 – Oct 07, 2025), implemented by Palladium in collaboration with the local resource partners. The objective of the SCALE project is to strengthen the financial, management, and advocacy capacity of local civil society organizations (CSOs) and Business Membership Organizations (BMOs) in Nigeria to create a more accountable, transparent, peaceful, and democratic Nigeria with more effective and efficient public service delivery. SCALE supports civil society organizations (CSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities. The project is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria.
The Program Manager will be a member of the SCALE Technical Team and will work with project partners to enhance their advocacy and collaboration capacity. The Program Manager will design and deliver advocacy and technical capacity strengthening interventions.
Duration: 1 year, with the possibility of extension for an additional year.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of a Program Manager
- Collaborate with the SCALE project technical team and partner CSOs/BMOs to identify priority advocacy issues.
- Manage sub-awards to CSOs/BMOs for policy reform and engagement interventions across SCALE key sectors.
- Train and mentor SCALE project CSOs/BMOs on advocacy, Political Economy Analysis, conflict sensitivity, communication, and collaboration.
- Assist CSOs/BMOs to develop advocacy strategies and action plans for influencing selected priority topics of national and regional importance.
- Conduct analysis of the existing networks in specific clusters, including the clusters that advocate for health and education, gender equity, female empowerment, and youth engagement.
- Based on the analysis, propose interventions to improve networking, coordination, and collaborative advocacy between CSO/BMO and Government.
- Identify and develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in government, civil society, and the organized private sector.
- Interact with internal and external resources and experts to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into project’s approaches.
- Facilitate participation of CSOs representing and led by youth, women, Persons with Disability (PWD), and other marginalized and vulnerable populations in the citizen engagement activities.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and other reports as requested.
- Lead in the identification and documentation of stories of change and evidence of changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in international affairs, public administration, policy, social sciences, law, development studies or related field.
- Relevant experience in advocacy, capacity development of local organizations, civil society engagement; and policy reform in Nigeria.
- Strong technical expertise in program management, design and implementation of advocacy tools and plans.
- Experience in integrating gender, social inclusion, and conflict sensitivity in programming.
- Proven organizational and administrative skills.
- Proven ability for planning and carrying out training sessions.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure and prioritize effectively.
- Good team player and prepared to contribute to the overall success of SCALE goal and objectives.
- Demonstrated strategic ability, diplomacy, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and strategic thinking; attention to detail; flexible and able to work efficiently with multiple tasks.
- Strong in written and spoken English.
- Willingness to carry out extensive and frequent travels in Nigeria.
Please note that we cannot offer sponsorship for this position. To be considered for this role, all applicants must have the right to work and live in Nigeria permanently. Applications from individuals without the current right to work in Nigeria will not be considered. This position will be based in our Abuja office only. Applicants from outside Abuja are welcome but will need to relocate at their own expense as no relocation package is available.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
To apply for this job please visit palladium.csod.com.