About the Role
Job Title: Programme Manager
As the Programme Manager of School and Community Management you will be responsible for assisting in the management of the entire “front of house” school operations from beginning to end.
This is a highly hands-on job, involving intense programme management skills, impeccable customer service, and constant accountability. This includes managing the engagement field team responsible for launching and managing new partnership schools as well as overseeing the execution of advertisements, events, and parent programmes.
What You Will Do as a Programme Manager
- Coordinate the Management of EkitiPROSPER Education’ Partnership Schools in collaboration with the Director of Schools and Academics
- Supervise and Manage Community engagement strategy for building powerful public schools
- Develop, manage and supervise PTA engagement activities in day to day running of the schools
- Coordinate schools, supplies, grounds, and overall inventory management; principal supervision and mentorship; and more – including accountability measures
- Coordinate community outreach across all EkitiPROSPER Education’ Partnership communities including advertisements, events, communications, programmes, promotions and more aimed at parents, community leaders and influencers, and general public
- Spend time in EkitiPROSPER Partnership communities developing knowledge of the communities as well as driving customer insights and critical business issues opportunities
- Assist in recruiting, induction trainings, workshops, and on-going professional development
- Oversee the collation of information from all departments; maintain weekly trackers, supervise data collection from field; work with assigned partners and Director to increase community linkages.
- Ensure that schools` grounds and buildings are maintained, oversee repairs, and training principles.
- Develop and work with Parent Teachers Associations, Community Leaders in developing strategic plans for school management.
- Oversee activities of the department in the absence of the Director.
What You Should Have as a Programme Manager
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Community Development, Business Management or in any relevant field.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, including extensive experience in operations, programme management, managing field teams, retail, sales, and customer strategy
- Prior experience working within a fast-paced, metric driven sales organization; start up or high-growth company experience preferred
- Experience working with low income customers; community engagement in the education or health sector is a major plus
- Experience planning events; interacting with major stakeholders; community, business and government
- Passion for NewGlobe’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed..
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, we work in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.