Founded in April of 2019 and based in Lagos, Nigeria, Eden is a trusted services platform for people to receive their domestic services. Whether it’s cooking, cleaning, laundry, or any combination of services, Eden allows people to receive their services on a recurring basis while we manage their schedule and the execution of the services. We promote a culture of trust, accountability, and excellence through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The Purchasing (Sourcing) Associate makes sure our chefs get the best quality produce on time at the best market prices on a daily basis. You will source food ingredients directly from the market, farms, abattoirs, and relevant locations as required.
If you are the type of person who understands and takes pride in knowing the best markets/vendors to buy from, has great attention to detail, strong pricing/negotiation skills, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the entire team – then we look forward to meeting you!
- Data entry
- Sourcing items (produce, ingredients) in the market at competitive prices
- Carrying out market survey twice a week
- Knowledge of the ideal market to visit
- Curiosity: Eager to discover cheapest / alternative market to procure from
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and coordinate effectively
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Education: Minimum of SSCE
- Food Procurement – experience in food procurement for at least 6 months – 1 year; informal experience can be considered
- Supply-chain – you know how to identify great vendors and know how to game the market to get best prices
- Always learning and helping others learn
- Bias towards action
- Obsessed with results
Remuneration & Work Schedule
- Please note that this role is paid on a shift basis.
- This role works at least 3 shifts and at most 5 shifts weekly;
- Pay/shift: N4000/shift
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.