Gokada is one of the leading technology startups in Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa. The company operates the leading “superapp” on-demand multi-service platform in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and Gokada’s services include delivery, ride-hailing, and other verticals. Similar to how more mature international peers such as Gojek, Grab, and Pathao evolved, Gokada is growing very rapidly and has attracted a strong roster of local and international VC backers.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Discover and Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Ensure the successful deployment of products to the end-users.
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct pre-release and post-release testing
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and
- release readiness
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality
- Develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure product quality
- Monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system
- malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Meet with the software/product designers to determine quality assurance parameters.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet
- client needs.
- At least 2 years proven experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Proven track record in Testing Management and experience working in an
- Agile/scrum context.
- Attention to details
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent grasp of test metrics, release process and test environment principles
- Understanding of common software failures and faults.
You’ll have to work remotely and communicate with coworkers around the world. Hence,
– A good internet connection is essential.
– Timetables may slightly vary depending on the timezones of your teammates.
– Will have to engage in Video and Audio calls regularly.
To apply for this job please click on -> hire.peoplehum.com.