Website KPMG Nigeria
Research & Information Services Officer
KPMG is a global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy. The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced markets.
We Are Recruiting To Fill The Position Below
Job Title: Research & Information Services Officer
Ref No: 151175BR
Service Line: Marketing & Communications
Job Level: Associate / team member
Contract Type: Permanent
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
- The Clients & Markets Unit is at the heart of the firm’s growth strategy. The Unit consists of the Pursuits & Proposals team, Marketing & Communications team, Research & Insights team, Graphic & Design team and the Market Programmes team.
- The role will be to provide research inputs to assist in the business development activities of KPMG and provide the firm’s personnel with research insight on our clients and targets, markets and competitors.
- The personnel will also identify and provide other necessary information and analyses to support winning sales and service delivery activities.
Duties And Responsibilities
Conduct company and industry analyses:
- Work with LOB desk to identify key national accounts/targets for the financial year
- Global and domestic trends monitoring across industries
- Classify the clients/targets to sectors.
- Coordinate annual client care
- Provide the historical background of the company and the sector.
- Summarize the business activities of the company.
- Conduct SWOT, PEST & Porter Five Forces’ analyses on the company.
- Highlight recent key developments and activities’ drivers in the company.
- Extract key business strategic information from the reports of the chairman, directors and auditors as stated in the annual report.
- Compile the list of the company’s senior management. Design relationship matrix to build relationship with the company.
Participate In Thought Leadership Publications By KPMG Nigeria
- Qualitative and quantitative research for thought leadership publications
- Participate in data gathering and meetings with vendors (if any).
- Assist in developing the thought leadership publication with the relevant unit.
Conduct Periodic Competitive Intelligence Report
- Conduct a general overview of all competitors, including the big-4 and competitors in the advisory space.
- Generate periodic competitive intelligence
- Obtain the audit fees and identify the auditors of the quoted companies.
- Summarize recent developments (news and events) relating to the competitors.
- Highlight the SWOT analysis of the leading professional services firms.
Conduct Periodic Relevant Research To Equip Our Local Intranet
- Macroeconomic database maintenance and update
- Carry out research on relevant topical issues in the Nigerian economy.
- Economic and research analysis for internal engagements
- Compile and update data/information specific to each LOB, to serve as repository for research purpose.
- Carry out LOB research requests and other ad-hoc primary research activities as necessary.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Minimum of First Degree in Social Sciences with 3 years working experience in research, strategic planning and/or business development functions.
- Possession of masters’ degree / professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical, numerate, problem-solving, report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in trend analysis in various industries
- Technology appreciation, including a working understanding of MS Office Suite especially Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to gather data, compile and make inferences on the information gathered.
- Good understanding of economic and financial indicators.
- Basic understanding of KPMG’s lines of business.
- Ability to be multi-tasking and determined at meeting deadlines.
- Strong planning, time and workload management, and execution skills.
Behavioural / Management Development Skills
- Strategic thinker- appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship building and networking skills
- Strong team building skills
- Training, coaching and mentoring/supervising abilities.
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability
- Skills in organising resources and establishing priorities/targets
- Customer service orientation
- Diplomacy and tact
- Confidence and pragmatism.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.