The AR Initiative helps businesses build environmentally, socially, and economically responsible companies in emerging markets. We help develop sustainability strategies, internal policy and impact reports that help companies incorporate the pillars of sustainability into their daily operations. This internship will provide direct exposure to ARI’s work in sustainability and ESG consulting. The intern will provide support to the team’s applied research, report writing services and social media communications.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research on responsible business metrics across industries;
- Assist in developing indicators for sustainability reporting;
- Provide research, writing and editing support on issues related to the role of startups in the sustainable development of the African continent;
- Conduct desk-based research on specific topics to help inform clients’ strategy;
- Read and summarise documents shared by clients;
- Contribute to designing and implementation of initiatives, projects or programmes;
- Collaborate on the development and execution of online content (images, infographics, videos, blogs etc.) and campaigns delivered across various social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn etc;
- Provide administrative support on an as-needed basis;
- Other relevant tasks as deemed necessary by the team.
- Excellent writing skills, as well as strong analytical aptitude and strong communication skills;
- Ability to manage workload with minimum supervision while meeting deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills: being able to listen and collaborate, being able to work independently, being proactive and taking initiative;
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Computer proficiency: MS Office; Adobe Suite.
Understanding of sustainable development and the UN Sustainable Development Goals;
Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, business administration, international relations, development studies, public administration or similar;
- Current and complete CV in English;
- One relevant writing sample.
Send a complete CV, copy of university degree and a short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com