Website Sankore Investments
Risk & Control Associate
About The Role
- The Internal Control Associate is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Team’s process records, work operations tracking and monitoring, and providing recommendations for business process improvements.
- In this role, you will also be collaborating with key internal & external stakeholders to ensure adherence to company policies and processes in line with industry and best practices, driving and implementing digital technology transformation initiatives across the company.
- You will report to the Chief Risk Officer.
- Review Sankore’s internal controls and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations, identify potential weaknesses, and propose recommendations for improvement
- Conduct audits of the company’s financial statements, accounts, and operations to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with accounting principles and regulations
- Investigate and report on irregularities, non-compliance, and suspicious activities.
- Assist in the implementation of risk management policies, compliance policies, periodic risk reviews / and monitoring of organization-wide risk portfolio.
- Monitor and track compliance with Turnaround Time and Service Level Agreements and escalate non-compliance to the Chief Risk Officer.
- Monitor and prepare periodic reports on the status of risks and the effectiveness of existing controls.
- Assist departments in developing/updating their risk register, key risk indicator, and risk and control self-assessment templates as well as tracking them for onward reports to the management
- Risk management & internal control
- Internal Audit
- Information Systems Audit
- Document/records management
- Ms Office Suite
- Knowledge of the Finance Industry
- Knowledge of Fraud Analysis
- Interest in Investment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking & Finance or Economics.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a business or finance (Consulting experience is an added advantage).
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoints, Visio etc.)
- Good knowledge of back-office operations including but not limited to Trading operations, Fund accounting etc.
- Working knowledge of general accounting operations and specific requirements for investment management companies such as IFRS 9.
- Good understanding of Nigerian capital markets regulatory standards and environment (SEC, NSE etc.).
- Fraud detection & control
This Job Is Perfect For You If You, If
- Are meticulous, highly analytical, innovative and self-driven.
- Can engage with multiple stakeholders to drive for results, can take initiative
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.