Title: Safety and Loss Control Supervisor
Provides overall coordination and management of loss control and security Staff at the assigned Warehouse. He/she is in charge of ensuring effective Loss Control Management systems and reporting at the branch and ensure optimization of all security inputs.
Safety and Loss Control Supervisor Benin Key Performance Indicators
- Effective shift management and supervision of all loss control & security staff in the store.
- Proactive approach towards loss minimization.
- Timely capturing and submission of branch loss control comprehensive reports.
- Propper implementation of company standard operating procedures especially security-related.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all loss control and security staff in the assigned warehouse to ensure the company rules, policies and standard operating procedures are always followed by everyone.
- Identify hazards and security risks in the warehouse and raise them to management for necessary action.
- Train your team and always keep it motivated and focused on attaining set goals and beyond.
- Conduct third-party vehicle inspections on weekly basis and maintain records for the same.
- Reconcile all TRQs as will be shared from HQ against branch records and submit report on any matters arising on daily basis.
- Monitor compliance with standard operating procedures for loss prevention, physical security, or risk management.
- Investigate known or suspected internal & external theft, or vendor fraud.
- Collaborate with law enforcement agencies to report or investigate crimes within the assigned branch.
- Testify in civil or criminal court proceedings when called upon by management.
- Conduct store audits to identify problem areas or procedural deficiencies e.g. alarm system, perimeter walls, store arrangements, CCTV etc.
- Identify and report merchandise or stock shortages/stock-outs to the warehouse management team for necessary action.
- Maintain documentation or reports on loss prevention-related incidents.
- Perform covert surveillance and of areas susceptible to loss, such as receiving areas, Dispatch areas, stock room, refuelling areas, and driver delivery points.
- Prepare and submit written reports on loss control investigations as they arise.
- Verify proper functioning of physical security systems, such as closed-circuit televisions, alarms or locks and shutters.
- Conduct third checks on stocks being delivered by suppliers to detect or deter any form of collusion to under-receive.
- Identify and report safety concerns to maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
- Form, chair and maintain a fire and safety team in the warehouse
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information for the company
- Report all unethical behaviour in the warehouse to the company top management.
- A Diploma in security or criminology or any other related course
- Computer Literacy is mandatory.
- 2 years experience in loss prevention or security industry
- FMCG Distribution outlet set up that involves a lot of goods and vehicle movement. Data and all dispatch documents are displayed and maintained on a digital platform thus this heavily requires conversance with IT.
Skills & Competencies:
- Leadership skills
- Computer skills
- Detail-oriented, preventative outlook and vigilant
- Good physical condition, as this position may require a lot of walking and standing
- Team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Observational and Analytical skills
- Interrogative skills
- Understanding safety processes and procedures
- Ability to respond well to emergency situations
- Good character beyond reproach, high integrity and a clean criminal record
- Can Work under minimal supervision
- Objective mind and result oriented
- Must be physically fit.
- Must Uphold proper personal grooming
To apply for this job please visit kyosk.hire.trakstar.com.