Migo is an embedded lending platform that enables companies to extend credit to consumers and small businesses in their own apps. Migo builds proprietary ML algorithms to assess credit risk using the company’s data then automates credit facilities via cutting-edge cloud infrastructure, simplifying the complex world of lending with a simple API. Migo also expands economic access by enabling credit for populations ignored by traditional credit bureaus, in many cases providing life-changing opportunities to lower-income customers. Migo is headquartered in San Francisco and currently operates in Nigeria and Brazil.
What you will do:
As a Sales Lead, you will report to the Head of Sales and be responsible for designing plans to meet aggressive sales targets, acquiring new customers, and managing the existing ones to retain and grow our share of their business. You will own the relationships and be the main point of contact with customers that will be instrumental to Migo’s growth. Your role will support the execution of Migo’s sales strategy along assigned verticals by developing and cultivating relationships with clients and other industry players, as well as providing mentorship to other sales executives. Our ideal candidate has experience creating sales and delivering revenue from scratch in a fintech/start-up/new product line, in Nigeria. This position can be worked remotely from anywhere in Nigeria!
Your responsibilities will be:
- B2B Sales and Key Account Management
- Develop and maintain an active pipeline of new customers, and drive upselling of existing customers by participating in high-level, interactive conversations with decision makers
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and pitch appropriate solutions to deliver value to the customer and generate revenue.
- Identify new business opportunities, and work to increase the market share and adoption of Migo’s products within your target sectors.
- Proactively liaises with customers for feedback on products and services, and ensure that issues are promptly addressed
- Designs business case for new service offerings or customized product requirements by customers.
- Develops proposals, delivering sales presentations, and participating in meetings with clients and partners
- Understand industry-specific trends, new developments, products, and landscapes.
- Maintain personal networks, participate in professional organizations, attend conferences and industry events, and develop other means of generating interest from potential clients.
Sales Operations and Team Lead
- Defines and sets sales targets for the sales executives and monitors activities of the team to ensure sales and service targets are achieved
- Review sales performance against set targets on a periodic basis and discuss action plans for improvement with Head of Sales
- Uses the CRM platform to evaluate leads and track sales and revenue growth
- Ensures seamless onboarding and timely monetization of newly acquired customers by liaising effectively with relevant internal teams.
- Communicates customer requirements to the relevant internal teams and work with them to ensure that products are delivered to fulfills customers mandate
- Assists in refining sales policies, processes and procedures.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- B2B Sales Experience closing deals and growing existing business
- Previous experience acting as a Team Lead or experience mentoring junior level employees
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to communicate value to differentiate competing product offerings and enjoy sales that requires deep product knowledge, combined with technical knowledge.
- Previous experience in E-banking, Fintech, or in driving new products, would be a plus.
You’d be a great culture fit if:
- You are a self-motivated person who is customer focused, and passionate about monetization, innovation, and delivering exceptional results
- You are able to collaborate and influence across many functions, levels, locales, and cultures to get things done
- You thrive in fairly unstructured environments and find joy in creating adequate structures that enhance performance, growth, and productivity.
- You take ownership of your role and are deliberate about contributing to the achievement of the larger business goals.
- You maintain a beginner’s mindset, that is, willing and available to learn
- You have a vibrant industry network and enjoy building relationships
To apply for this job please click on -> jobs.lever.co.
Sales Lead at Migo