Website WTS Energy
Job Description and Duties:
The 2nd Officer is a Navigation and Watch Keeping Officer and Bridge Team Member; Reports to the Master and to the Staff Captain; During his/her watch the 2nd Officer is representing the Master and is in command on the bridge; Responsible for the safe navigation of the vessel.
– During the watch adheres to the emergency procedures and monitors bridge equipment and watertight doors status
– Ensure that the bridge is operated in accordance with all applicable regulations and company policies, during all prevailing circumstances and conditions
– Updates the various bridge logs – Bridge Log Book, Garbage Log Book, Ballast Log, etc.
– Assist the lower-ranked deck Officers in in familiarization with the bridge instruments and equipment
– While the ship is in port the Watch Keeping Officer observes gangways, supervises the moorings and is aware of any significant work in progress as well as monitors the in-port manning duties
– When the ship is anchored the OOW makes sure that tender operations are performed in a safe manner and according to schedule
– Responsible for the ship’s stability system during the watch
– Assists the Safety Officer with related crew training and participates in safety drills
– Unlimited Officer of the Watch license, Second Officer for for vessels >500GT plus all required STCW 95 certificates
– Diploma from an accredited maritime training school or facility
– Minimum 6 months experience as a Deck Officer on board ships and up to date experience of all current navigational electronics and computerized equipment
– Very good verbal and written command of the English language
– Computer literacy – basic Windows based programs
– Good administration skills and ability to prioritise
– Decision Making, coaching and team building skills
– Experience with DP2 AHTS
To apply for this job please visit www.wtsenergy.com.