Website Port Harcourt
APM Terminals are looking to hire Security Control Room Supervisor in Apapa and Onne.
Supporting the Terminal Security Manager with the implementation of a robust security risk management program. Ensuring compliance with APMM Global Security Framework, ISPS Code, APMT Ways of Working further implementing and upholding all relevant standards and ensuring local regulatory compliance.
APMT Security Processes
- Provide a safe and secure operating environment for WACT staff to work within.
- Maintain operational command of the security control room assisting in the coordination of terminal security operations to pro-actively identify security threats, provide timely and accurate reporting and coordinate response mechanism(s) to support business continuity.
- Develop, oversee, and implement the control room procedure and where required, ensure same is communicated, executed, and tested on a regular basis.
- Provide evidence gathering capability in support of internal investigations utilising live and recorded video surveillance footage and access control events.
- Ensure regular checks are conducted on all equipment, hardware, software, and systems with an effective reporting mechanism to identify and escalate critical issues and minimise downtime.
- Manage the schedules of control room personnel, tracking attendance end ensure effective delivery of service 24/7.
- Provide a control hub and key contact for all security communications.
- Maintain visitor’s logbook, issuing and receiving of keys.
- Conduct effective performance evaluations and mentor control room personnel to ensure best practices, team cohesion, competency, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain a thorough awareness of company security policies and procedures.
- Proactively maintain and improve own Security Supervisory competencies in consultation with Terminal Security Manager.
- Ensure all incidents reports are completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Oversee all necessary training modules and procedures for control room security staff.
Provides technical security supervisory expertise and knowledge to facilitate business security objectives.
- Establish and maintain networks within the organisation, to leverage support and engage in information and intelligence sharing to support a stronger security environment.
REPORTING AND SCOPE
The scope of the position is local with the position reporting to the Terminal Security Manager with a dotted line to the Country Risk Control Manager on performance management and quality control. The scope of the position is local and is a shift-based rotation with the requirement for night duty.
- Accredited professional certification in control room operations and video surveillance systems
- 2 years + experience in a Control Room supervisory role
- In depth-knowledge of control room operations including:
- Operating, monitoring, and management of video surveillance, access management, and vehicle tracking systems
- Emergency response procedures and incident management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability for effective oral and written briefs
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and computer systems within a control room environment
- A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude, and drive with the ability to contribute to a team-based work environment
- A demonstrated continued professional development within security field of operations
- Highest level of integrity, tact and discretion, and the ability to solve practical problems quickly and efficiently in high stress situations
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Valid driving license
LEARNING & CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Personal and professional leadership in a dynamic environment.
- Terminal security operations.
To apply for this job please visit www.maersk.com.