Job Title: Senior Backend Engineer
About our Company
LemFi (YC S21) is building the neobank for African diaspora in North America & Europe. We provide our users with a multi-currency account that allows them to hold, send, and receive money from Africa in any currency for their business and personal banking needs.
There are over 10 million Africans living in North America & Europe who go through hoops and have to pay exorbitant fees to send money to their loved ones. We are constantly fighting for everyday Africans to be able to move their money freely around the world at no cost and with the best exchange rate they can find out there.
We launched the first version of the app at the beginning of October 2020 with just the ability to send money. Now, we enable our users to send and receive as well as pay bills for services across the ocean for loved ones. We have also grown to a team of more than 40 people working remotely and living in different continents around the world.
As a backend engineer you’ll be tasked with creating a system that powers application parts such as crediting and debiting a user, vital third party integrations, and development of robust and secure APIs to be consumed by web and mobile apps.
You have experience with relational databases to implement atomicity as well as prevent risks such as race conditions, or, improper crediting/debiting of a user’s account.
- Design, build and improve our Wallet systems putting atomicity into consideration
- Improve system design and architecture to ensure high stability, performance and reliability of the product.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to continuously improve LemFi’s Wallet and payment systems.
- Engineer abstractions that make building financial products easier for internal teams
- Contribute to other part of our code base to improve reliability and efficiency
- Document process flows for features and integrations
- Write unit tests to ensure the system meets requirements
- Minimum of 4 years experience writing backend software
- Minimum of 3 years writing and deploying mission critical applications in Golang
- Experience building reliability into your application
- Experience building with Docker
- Experience working in a team and working with version control software like Github
- Experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL experience is preferred)
- Experience with data migration
- Experience with building scalable distributed systems and developer APIs
- Experienced working in a fast-paced and high-growth engineering environment
Tools we use
- Golang, …
- HTTP, JSON
- Amazon Web Services
- Event driven architecture
To apply for this job please visit careers.lemonade.finance.