Senior Content Marketer
We are looking for a senior content marketer to join a team that believes in honest tactics, high standards, and data-driven decision making. We value quality, integrity, and people over a quick profit.
We pride ourselves on having a product that can sell itself—and need you to get the word out there.
At PickFu, we’re building the most D-I-Y friendly market research software on the planet. We help people stop guessing about what their customers think and start getting answers, often in as little as an hour.
But we know: Business content is noisy and full of get-rich-quick promises if you’d just sign up for this online course package at $199.99.
That’s not how we do things at PickFu.
No gimmicks. No unsubtle “look-at-me-ing” to get attention. Our marketing team isn’t a sales team, and our content marketers aren’t mouthpieces for a sales engine.
When you join the PickFu marketing team, you’ll:
- Work day-in and day-out to help our customers make better business decisions with data. 🤝
- Spearhead your own first-person research with our software to generate new insights wherever we’re most needed (popular industries: e-commerce, gaming, publishing). 🔬
- Teach every visitor what they need to know to conduct their own audience, customer, and market research – whether they use us to do it or not. 🗺️
- Help customers from every walk of life make more informed business decisions – from the side-hustler trying to make extra coffee money to the multi-million-dollar aggregator. 💸
Specifically, your responsibilities as a Senior Content Marketer are:
- Lead a small team of writers as their senior editor, not just making our content better, but helping every writer leave stronger, more self-confident, and connected to their work. 📝
- Edit up to four long-form pieces a week, including content and copy edits. You’ll get help for both and training to standard, but you’ll eventually need to be able to own acting as the arbiter of good for the blog. 👩⚖️
- Own and contribute to our social media workflow. We’ll set you up with the tools and system, but we’ll leave it in your hands to run once you’re ready. 💬
- Act as an individual contributor on high-value projects, such as important keywords on the blog, guides, landing pages, and features pages. 🦸♀️
- Work directly with the Head of Marketing to project manage collateral production across the team and publishing/campaign schedules. 🤹
To see us in action and the kind of content you’ll be expected to own, check out these pieces:
- How to test product photos so you know what will sell 📷
- A comprehensive guide to writing Amazon product descriptions 👀
- A 3-step field guide to identifying and analyzing customer needs 🔎
Sound good? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experiencing editing long-form content ✏️
- 3+ years writing long-form content 🖋️
- 2+ years marketing team experience 📢
- 2+ years remote work experience 🧑💻
- Demonstrable results with SEO. We’ll train you up on this, but you should be able to link us to a well-performing page and explain the techniques you used to achieve your results. 📈
- Someone in it for the long-haul. We love freelancers, but we’re looking for someone who can grow with the team and company. ⏳
- At least 4 hour overlap with PST ⌚
It’d be awesome if you:
- Have e-commerce industry experience as a seller or working with sellers 💸 OR;
- Have gaming industry experience, specifically working with developers 🎮
- Have a good head for numbers and analytics. We work with research here. 🤓
Here’s what you’ll get if you join us:
- Our salary range for this position is $60,000-85,000, depending on experience. (Applicants from outside the United States will be offered comparable terms and equal pay with our domestic employees.) 💵
- Comprehensive healthcare, 401K, and other company perks. 👩⚕️
- Unlimited PTO. We believe in reasonable working hours and time away from the computer. 🌴
- Our equipment policy allows for a standard MacBook Air (or equivalent), and we’ll even help you set up your workstation. 🖥️
- Professional development allowance towards education, books, or anything that you think will be beneficial in this role. 🧑🏫
No less importantly, here’s the culture you can expect around all of those awesome perks:
We have been fully remote since our start in 2008. We’re looking for creative, capable, and collaborative team members to join in and help build our momentum. As long as you have the skills and can get the work done, you can work anywhere (and anytime) you want.
We are a small but mighty team. We appreciate friendly people who can solve problems, get along with others, and tell us how to be better. We also aim to live a happy, healthy life away from work. We believe in reasonable hours, ample vacation time, and fun hobbies.
Communication is a big thing for us. We use Slack for chatting, Zoom for facetime, and Asana for planning. Our team meetings revolve around company updates, brainstorming sessions, feedback and check-ins, team building, and social events.
At PickFu, we value diversity. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.
Sound like a good fit? Want to join a small but powerful team and play a direct role in growing our audience and shaping our content? Then we want to hear from you.
About the hiring process:
We’ll begin reviewing applications within two weeks of posting. There is no benefit to applying first or as fast as you can, and we weigh the answers to our application questions heavily. Take your time and answer questions thoroughly.
We receive hundreds of applications for each role, so unfortunately, our team is unable to provide individual feedback. We also understand that this can be a long process, so we want to make interview expectations as transparent as possible. You will be asked to hop on a video call with our head of marketing (hiring manager) and operations manager, complete a paid performance task, and then meet with our co-founders. We promise that there won’t be any tricks or twists along the way.
After we’ve extended an offer and it’s accepted, we’ll let all applicants know when the position is closed.
Thanks for reading this far; we’re so excited to meet you.
To apply for this job please visit pickfu.recruitee.com.
Senior Content Marketer (Remote) at PickFuShare with someone