Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
Clover is reinventing healthcare by working to keep people healthier.
Clover’s Data Science team is charged with leveraging our data—our most important asset—to generate value for our members. From understanding how the member experience impacts clinical outcomes to making our home visits more efficient and effective, our team pushes out insights central to executing on our core mission. And our impact is tremendous: you’ll be able to point to one of our members and say, “I helped make that person’s life better.”
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us build a revolutionary new healthcare company.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Lead large-scale projects from ideation through delivering enterprise value.
- Have a broad problem-solving toolkit and know how to apply it. When problems call for out-of-the-box solutions, you will apply them effectively. When problems call for boutique solutions, you can evaluate the trade-offs and choose a solution that maximizes velocity.
- Implement broad solutions that are bug-free and well-tested. Where possible, your work reduces complexity rather than adding it.
- Understand the problems faced by the business and deliver results that meaningfully solve some of these problems.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders across all levels of Clover to understand needs.
- Uncover and mitigate risks and assumptions that may prove to be intractable later.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and thought partner and ensure that projects are delivered on time and to spec. Within the team, serve as a mentor and collaborator, improving peers’ ability to deliver.
You will love this job if:
- You want to create impact with your work by finding insights in the data that unlock value and improve outcomes.
- You have a strong understanding of how to structure analyses and experiments to yield interpretable, actionable results.
- You reason holistically. From project scope to priority to implementation, you’ll have an impact on how decisions get made.
- You are comfortable acting autonomously in ambiguous and dynamic environments.
- You are fearless in the face of messy data, and adept at programmatically structuring and cleaning records collected from the real world.
- You strive to automate as much as possible, yet understand the value of explicitly incorporating human decisions into the systems you build.
- You have just as much interest in helping other people move faster as you do building your own analyses.
You should get in touch if you:
- Have an advanced degree in a quantitative field, especially dealing with complex data-driven results, or equivalent experience, with a minimum of a Master’s degree plus 3+ years of relevant work experience or Ph.D. with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Have a strong foundation in probability and statistics, and demonstrated facility with machine learning tools, including SQL and python, as well as statistical and machine learning packages.
- Have demonstrated success using data science to deliver clear enterprise value in a business function.
- Are comfortable leading and have successfully led a large-scale project from opportunity identification to business value.
- Are able to improve the work of those around you via direct mentorship, code review, informal conversations, and leadership by example.
- Can clearly articulate how your work accrues to business value and can contextualize that value with respect to top-level business objectives.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we’ve created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.
To apply for this job please visit www.cloverhealth.com.