Website Sparkel Ng
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who understands the DevOps culture and practices; and can be a champion for this within the organization.
The DevOps Engineer believes that building great software is more than just delivering working code, that other aspects such as reusability, testability, maintainability, security, and performance are just as important. The ideal candidate can think long-term incremental evolution, in sync with the industry practices and innovation.
What you’ll be doing everyday
- Manage internal infrastructure
- Promote infrastructure best practices like security, release management, monitoring
- Design infrastructure that is resilient, secure and highly available
- Facilitate the building and releasing of features by the Technology team
- Take part in building a secure and highly available platform
- Automate common operations on critical systems in a safe and reliable manner
- Build tools and processes that increase the productivity of the Technology team and ensure an efficient release pipeline
- Support and collaborate with other Developers building on top of the platform
- Share responsibility for strategically scaling Sparkle’s internal systems
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations, ideas and approaches
Do apply if you have:
- You have at least 5 years of software development / DevOps experience
- You have a solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- You have experience with system scripting languages like Bash, Python or Golang
- You have experience with Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes, ECS, Docker Swarm
- You are deeply familiar with concepts like DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- You have experience with working with tools like Terraforms, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- You have experience with at least one major cloud provider
- You have strong understanding of computer science principles
- You have experience working in an agile environment (standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc)
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience with system automation
- You have experience with distributed systems
This Role Isn’t For You If:
You’re not open to wearing multiple hats. We are a startup and we are looking for someone who is excited to grow within our company, add value in the best way possible, think outside the box and contribute to our rapid growth.
To apply for this job please click on -> sparkle.ng.