Senior FrontEnd Engineer
Moove is on a mission to make Africa and other emerging markets more productive and successful by redefining access to auto finance and vehicle ownership. Our starting point is a technology-enabled lending model to radically transform the availability of auto finance and vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services in cities across the world. By doing so, Moove is creating sustainable jobs for mobility entrepreneurs in the mobility sector.
About the Role
We are seeking a resourceful and hands-on Senior Frontend Developer to join the rapidly growing development team. The ideal candidate should have a serious passion for user-centered design and development; believes in constantly evolving and improving through iteration, testing, user research, and experimentation; and has the agility to go from the whiteboard design of an application all the way to superior code implementation
- Develop new applications and maintain current applications to support
- Take charge and be a decision driver for assigned web platforms
- Ability to explain issues, decisions and solutions to the team succinctly
- Produce prototypes and effectively articulate design decisions
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience as a frontend developer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related programming degree
- Extensive web development experience (with associated portfolio) in lieu of a degree
- Knowledge of data visualization and charting libraries (e.g. D3, Recharts, DC, C3, Plotly, etc.)
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- Ability to create mockups and prototypes quickly
- Ability to interact with and integrate RESTful API platforms/endpoints
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure (e.g AWS)
- The propensity for proper documentation and source control
KPIs that will be measured after you start
- Code quality
- Availability, maintainability and scalability of applications built
- Defects/bugs found in production code
- Response time to issue resolution
- Testing quality and coverage
Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or, if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
About Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and is Uber’s preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratise vehicle ownership and empower mobility entrepreneurs across Africa.
Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, Trust and Ownership.
To apply for this job please click on -> careers.moove.africa.