Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
With over 2 million developers worldwide, Netlify is leading the transition to modern Jamstack-based web development. By uniting the ecosystem of developer tools and technologies, Netlify makes it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications.
Though our team is growing fast, we’ve managed to stay tight-knit while welcoming newcomers to the fold. We hail from around the globe with diverse backgrounds, we’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities
We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our team. You will be joining a team that builds tools to improve the daily lives of the internal Netlify organization. Our team is small and nimble. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive. Our goal is to help customer-facing teams work more efficiently and with more autonomy. We scope and define new tools that help scale the workflows of colleagues across the company, from Marketing to Finance, Support to Sales, Product Management and beyond.
Technologies and languages we use include (but are not limited to):
- Golang, and libraries like gorm
- CI/CD via Circle CI and Spinnaker
Examples of projects we work on include:
- Design, implement, and extend internal software tools used by your colleagues across the company
- Develop APIs that extend the functionality of customer-focused tools
- Add features to, and maintain existing internal software tools
- Drive collaboration for cross-team initiatives
- Systems your code will interface with include Netlify’s API, Zendesk, Discourse, GitHub, and more.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team and biased towards asynchronous planning and communication, which means fewer meetings and more execution. We take documentation seriously and place our values of transparency, empowerment, and commitment at the forefront of everything we do. We’re driven by passion and we make sure that everyone on the team knows their value, feels ownership over their work, and can quickly see the impact of their efforts. Beyond just hiring smart, empathetic team members, we foster a culture where there are no dumb questions and our team can get access to the resources that they need to continue to learn. As a remote-first company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Netlify is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
What you’ll bring:
- Full stack development skills, or at least strong experience in either frontend development or backend development, with familiarity in the other half.
- A breadth of experience developing both frontend and backend applications
- Working knowledge of databases like MySQL and MongoDB
- A high level of familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automation
- Leadership by example, seeking to understand through active listening and questioning, actively addressing problems you identify and assuming responsibility for your work.
- You are a software engineer at heart, with a keen eye for improving user experience
Within 1 month you’ll:
- You’ll begin to understand our business, as well as customer and engineering needs. We believe strongly that it’s essential for you to take the time to become familiar with our role in the organization & how we operate!
- Hold planning sessions with your stakeholders, which will be largely members of the Support, Forums, and Sales teams. But you’ll partner actively with most teams in the business at some point!
- Ship your first PR 🎉
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Develop new features in our build, admin and API tool sets
- Achieve familiarity with the range of projects we build and maintain
- Review pull requests constructively
- Ship code with a regular cadence
- Coordinate with other technical staff to implement changes to our tool stack and relevant systems
- Communicate technical decisions to non-technical stakeholders
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Take initiative on shaping the roadmap to solve gaps in the Support, Forums, and Sales workflows
- Partner with our manager around aligning your goals and passions with projects on the team roadmap
- Fully able to triage and troubleshoot issues and incidents related to projects owned by the team
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Introduce new frameworks and tools to help optimize and elevate the work of the team
- Have attended a conference with our training budget to help expand your knowledge base
- Be a positive liaison for the team to others in the wider organization
Of everything we’ve ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered and engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. As a distributed-first organization we want to make sure wherever our team is we find inventive ways to collaborate, debate, and learn from each other.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
To apply for this job please click on -> boards.greenhouse.io.