Senior International Payroll Specialist
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior International Payroll Specialist to join the Global Infrastructure team at Boundless.
Boundless was born from the belief that people should have the freedom to shape their work lives without forfeiting their right to secure employment. We offer compliant employment, payroll and benefits in a growing list of countries around the world and in doing so, we are continuously raising the bar of what great remote employment looks like.
This role will be key to support our payroll operations for both in house and outsourced payrolls, ensuring that all payroll processes are completed accurately and timely in accordance with relevant regulations.
As a Senior International Payroll Specialist in Boundless you will be responsible for the end-to-end payroll operations for assigned countries, ensuring compliance, accuracy and timing of every payroll cycle. You will contribute to the maintenance of our global payroll records in order to ensure we have the most accurate data available.
As one of their main points of contact, you will be delivering an outstanding experience to our customers and employees creating and maintaining long term business relationships.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in processing multi country payrolls both in house and with the support of local partners according to the country.
You will do all that from a remote location in any of the countries where Boundless supports employment.
- Managing the end-to-end payroll processing for assigned countries (both processed in house and through local partners) – Specific knowledge of UK, Canadian or Irish payrolls will be a plus.
- Ensuring consistent and accurate flow of information so that all payrolls are processed accurately, on time, and in accordance with local country requirements.
- Ensuring an accurate reporting of payroll data for internal and external use.
- Creating and maintaining control documentation, process flows and procedures.
- Contributing to our customer knowledge base & FAQs.
- Conducting periodic reviews with in-country processors on legislative changes in order to guarantee compliance with current legislation.
- Processing and reconciling payroll-related taxes, pension contributions, and other employee deductions.
- Working closely with other teams to ensure payroll-related data is accurate and up to date.
- Providing a first class experience to customers and employees from onboarding to offboarding.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years experience in multi-country payroll processing both in house and throguh external partners.
- Extensive experience in processing UK, Irish or Canadian payroll will be highly valued.
- Payroll/accountancy/tax qualification – preferably CIPP/IPASS/CPP qualified or international equivalent.
- A solid understanding of payroll, benefits, pensions, share schemes, social security and taxation related matters.
- Be customer focused, provide support that is above and beyond the standards in the market.
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency in MS Excel/Google Sheets and other relevant software.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A commitment to – and focus – on providing an out of ordinary customer service.
- Experience working remotely with teams that favour asynchronous communication.
- Experience in a fast paced environment, on a geographically dispersed team.
- An effective team player, with developed communication skills.
- A growth mindset, and an insatiable appetite for learning.
- Great communication skills.
In an ideal world you will also have experience in some of the following:
- Experience with a PEO (Professional Employer Organisation) or with the EoR (Employer of Record) model.
- A background with a remote-first tech company.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.