Job Title: Senior Manager of Billing and Collections
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world’s leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting and disseminating key performance indicators; and by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
Reporting to senior finance management in our New York City HQ, the position will be responsible for driving the billing and collections functions for AlphaSense into a world-class and scalable process. You will work as part of a growing team at a well-funded growth-stage tech company, working alongside leadership from our revenue and finance teams.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Several years of experience in billing and collections roles, with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Experience using Salesforce as a customer relationship management tool
- Previous experience in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Working knowledge of ASC606 revenue recognition standards.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret financial data.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Proactive approach to addressing issues and improving processes.
- High level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy in billing processes.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
- Billing Operations:
- Oversee the entire billing process, ensuring accuracy and timeliness in generating invoices.
- Develop and implement billing policies and procedures to optimize efficiency and reduce errors.
- Working closely with Revenue Operations to ensure we have a scalable data entry process for the sales team
- Collections Management:
- Manage the collections process to ensure timely and effective recovery of outstanding payments.
- Implement and enforce collections strategies to minimize bad debt and improve cash flow.
- Monitor aging reports and take appropriate actions to address overdue accounts.
- Team Leadership:
- Lead and motivate a team of billing and collections professionals.
- Provide training and support to team members, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Conduct regular performance reviews and address any issues within the team.
- Customer Relations:
- Address customer inquiries and concerns regarding billing and collections.
- Collaborate with customer service teams to resolve issues and improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Reporting and Analysis:
- Prepare and analyze financial reports related to billing and collections performance.
- Provide insights and recommendations based on data analysis to improve processes and financial outcomes.
- System Management:
- Oversee the use and optimization of billing and collections software.
- Collaborate with revenue and IT teams to implement system upgrades and enhancements.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement solutions to enhance overall efficiency.
- Stay informed about industry best practices and incorporate them into the billing and collections processes.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $140,000 – $155,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.