Title: Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Do you enjoy leading teams, building products, and providing tools that improve the experience of your colleagues? The Developer Productivity Engineering team may be for you. Our purpose is to make the development experience better for every engineer at Affirm. We provide development tooling, pre-production environments, and everything else that makes writing, testing, building and deploying software easy and efficient. We strive to provide outstanding code/test/debug inner development loop experiences and a safe, efficient PR to Production outer development loop.
What You’ll Do Senior Manager, Software Engineering
- Help define the vision, strategy and roadmap for modern, simple and friendly developer environments for developers at Affirm
- Provide leadership and oversight over 2 to 3 engineering teams in the US and Poland
- Partner with Product, ML, and Infrastructure engineering to understand the experiences and needs of their team’s edit/test/debug cycle.
- Stay on top of industry trends for developer efficiency and cross-pollinate those ideas and processes with Affirm development processes.
- Cultivate an environment of technical excellence, humility, and continual improvement to form a team that can successfully take on complex challenges across multiple technical domains
- Expand the engineering organization by attracting, hiring, and retaining a diverse and exceptional group of engineers and foster inclusivity and belonging
- Desire to engage with customers and follow the product development lifecycle
- Experience in crafting and improving product and engineering strategy
- Passion to make an outstanding experience through the products your teams build
- Proficiency in leading teams of developers to deliver on objectives and grow their skills
- Expertise in turning technical requirements, designs, trade-offs, and capabilities into clear decisions
- Well developed leadership skill to communicate decisions across multiple teams in a timely manner
- Track record of successfully growing leaders in management as well as individual contributor roles
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.