Senior Mobile Application Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Application Engineer who has experience building cross-platform mobile apps on Android and iOS, who can empathize with the African diaspora and is passionate about driving significant economic growth on the continent through payments.
This position is available remotely within UK-EAT time zones.
The ideal candidate is a lover of fintech, a quick learner, a strong problem solver, and is not afraid to step out of his or her comfort zone. You’ll be comfortable with lots of responsibility from day one – every week is different but you can expect to spend time
- Build customer facing features together with the backend team
- Help establish Nala as a brand known for its simple yet powerful user experience
- Implement client side analytics to understand how our customers use the app
- Participate in the product design and join customer feedback sessions
- Build the app in a highly modular and configurable way to quickly launch new countries with their own specific requirements
The ideal candidate will have had experience working in a fast-moving startup environment, and should be excited about building a community for the African diaspora.
Here are some of the challenges we think make this role exciting 🔥
- We are building a product for every African abroad (starting in the UK). Our customers have varying backgrounds, degrees of tech-savviness, financial literacy, and use a wide variety of mobile devices.
- There are giants who play in the general remittances to Africa space and charge people a lot of fees to send money home to their loved ones, let’s change that.
About the Tech
- Services are written in Go, deployed in AWS ECS and communicate with our app with gRPC
- Our app is written in Dart with Flutter and available on both Android and iOS
- We write unit and integration tests, do code reviews and deploy multiple times a day
- We use kanban to manage our tasks in Jira
- You have at least 3+ years of experience building mobile apps
- You have at least 1 year of experience with Flutter on both iOS and Android, including wrapping native plugins
- You have excellent knowledge of the best practices in cross-platform mobile application development, including the platform-specific UX requirements
- You have experience writing well-tested code
- You have a great attention to detail and care deeply about building a great user experience
- You hold interest in Africa, financial services, payments, and wallets.
- You have strong communication skills and abilities to work with remote teams.
- You have fluency in written and spoken English.
Bonus points (but not essential):
- Experience working in fintech
- Experience from a start-up.
To apply for this job please click on -> apply.workable.com.