Website Control Risks
Senior Risk Consultant
The Senior Risk Consultant will work 12-hour shifts on a 4-day on, 4-day off schedule.
The Senior Risk Consultant is responsible for providing support in global threat management, incident and crisis management, and travel advice and support for multiple Control Risks clients across the world. This position will interact with clients directly and will require the candidate to provide general security support, travel security updates as well as be able to respond to any in the moment crisis.
Working with our clients our people are given direct responsibility, career development and the opportunity to work collaboratively on fascinating projects in a rewarding and inclusive global environment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supporting Control Risks’ clients in high-stress environments by evaluating and diagnosing crisis situations, applying critical thinking and coordinating with other security operations centre team members as required.
- Collecting, evaluating and disseminating open-source and other data independently and under the direction of the security operations centre team lead. This will include developing and issuing intelligence communications regarding global events with potential to impact staff or operations.
- Deliver best-in-class bespoke verbal and written security assessments to challenging multinational client base operating in complex countries.
- Monitors and initiates responses to incidents and emergencies including security incidents, health emergencies, suspicious activities, dispatching emergency response teams and security personnel
- Supports incident and crisis management teams during a security event as required, able to conduct travel to priority countries to assess current situation, and develop local information and assistance capabilities to further support clients.
- Acting as a key liaison between Control Risks and the Client to support any type of security incidents which will include respond to requests by applying knowledge of specific client’s escalation and operating procedures.
- Monitors protective services tasks and/or clients traveling in complex working environments using innovative technology.
- Conducts desktop reviews and checks on current local providers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an international relations or other risk and resilience related subject area or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience working in GSOCs, military, NGO, or corporate security operations.
- Ability to work calmly in high stress environments and to be to be responsive to changing requirements and priorities and adaptable to unpredictable circumstances.
- Broad knowledge of global geopolitical affairs and situational awareness of impacts to different sectors.
- Ability to interpret and use data sources with a good aptitude for analysis and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Able to contribute innovation and creativity.
- Strong collaborator among all levels of stakeholders and able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, and colleagues from different cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. An additional Language a plus.
- Extensive experience living/travelling abroad or working across multiple jurisdictions.
- Action orientated, able to follow up on feedback.
- Experience with planning, organization, problem-solving and coordination and using discretion while utilizing company policies to determine appropriate action.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security analysis and risk assessments of physical security or security operations and planning.
- All employees are expected to display behaviours reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.