About The Role
We’re looking for a Ruby On Rails Engineer to help us build and shape dev tools, to unblock every developer in the world.In this role, you’ll join our Pipelines Dispatch team. This team owns the engine of our Pipelines product. Pipelines allow customers to orchestrate CI builds on their own infrastructure using our open-source agent. As a Software Engineer, you’ll contribute to the team’s mission of delivering millions of build jobs to millions of agents every day.
You’ll also collaborate across Buildkite’s product engineering teams, experiencing all aspects of how Buildkite delivers the best CI/CD experience to our customers.
On a typical day, you could be
- Collaborating asynchronously via Basecamp on crafting an upcoming feature or fix.
- Working on the back-end of our Ruby on Rails (majestic) monolith, which embraces PostgreSQL for the database, and Rails HTML views, React, GraphQL and Relay for the frontend.
- Solving problems in our production Rails app and isolating issues to fix.
- Building a deep understanding of Buildkite’s data model and state machines to solve complex problems and build shiny new features.
- Jumping on video calls with your teammates to discuss and solve problems. Or to just say hi.
- Providing feedback on GitHub pull requests or responding to feedback left for you.
Skills and experience we like…
- Experience with designing and developing technology products.
- Confident in your knowledge of Ruby on Rails and the surrounding ecosystem.
- Experience with relational databases, particularly PostgreSQL, in which expertise is a strong nice-to-have.
- Some exposure to Go, TypeScript, React and/or GraphQL.
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining the back-end of Rails applications.
- Enjoy collaborating closely with the design and product team to achieve quality and beautiful work.
- Believe in quality code, knowing how to balance your high standards with the problems you are solving and external constraints.
- Loves solving problems, through collaboration with your team, creating experiments, analysing data, and building fit-for-purpose solutions with the end user front and centre of your mind.
- Understand development processes. You are comfortable writing Git commits, pull requests and tests using tools like RSpec. You know how to tackle critiquing others’ code positively and productively, and receiving the same sort of feedback.
- Strong communicator that values empathy and kindness when articulating your ideas and feelings when writing or speaking.
- Comfortable working remotely and taking initiative when team members are offline.
- $120,000 – $200,000 AUD
- $140,000 – $215,000 NZD
- Generous benefits package
- Remote working
|Australia & New Zealand
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.