Decrypt is a rapidly growing media company for the Web 3 age, with a readership of five million across the globe. We develop both a website and mobile app for blockchain education and news, and aim to be a guide to the innovative projects, companies and concepts being built on blockchain and other decentralization technologies. Our manifesto.
Decrypt is backed by, but editorially independent from, ConsenSys, an international blockchain venture studio.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us create the future of the Decrypt experience for web, mobile, and on-chain platforms.
You will be working on a team that is focused on creating novel platform experiences with media and blockchain technologies. This role is perfect for someone with a passion for digital media who wants to work on projects with large impact and new technologies. You will work collaboratively with your team on operational and technical projects. In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills, with hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies.
You’ll join our tight, remote product team and be surrounded by passionate people who are excited by the potential of blockchain and other decentralization technologies, and eager to spread their adoption. You’ll work with engineering, product, design, and editorial colleagues globally across time zones from a wide range of backgrounds and nationalities. We are a remote first team, and have been since our inception.
- Work with a team of other engineers, designers, product managers, and editorial stakeholders to shape and elevate the core Decrypt experience.
- Contribute to the creation, maintenance and improvement of supporting backend systems.
- Reach across the entire tech stack at Decrypt and get a deep understanding of a web3 media company’s architecture and operations.
- Focus on the frontend vision and implementation of our reader experience across our web and mobile applications, with attention to performance, maintainability, and user experience.
- You have proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer, ideally 4 years or more, in software development, scripting, and project management.
- You have an analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude, and ability to work independently.
- You are a passionate, empathetic, and product-focused engineer who enjoys contributing to and leading technical projects and working with engineers at all levels.
- You value testing, instrumenting, and documenting your work.
- You adapt quickly to change and love to ship and iterate, building on new user research, insights and data.
- General knowledge in blockchain / cryptocurrency
- Experience working remotely or with otherwise asynchronous teams
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
To apply for this job, click here --> decrypt.co.