Develops solution architecture(SA) and resolves complex issues in a variety of projects through the implementation of requirements analysis, expertise support and project supervision.
A superb opportunity for a Solutions Architects to take Enterprise level customers through their Cloud journey! Exciting times for Technology Solutions as we drive for growth and deliver better outcomes for our customers.
This is a Solutions role with a focus on Cloud technologies (Azure and/or AWS) that will require engaging directly with C-level customers in support of the clarification or shaping of needs.
The position is within our Professional Services Solution Architecture team and will be responsible for designing end to end solutions and providing governance for the overall design in conjunction with delivery partners
The role of the Solution Architect requires a wide range of technical knowledge to help drive the technology strategy for the customer and is not just skilled in a specific area of information technology.
What you will be doing:
- For the governance and design of a complete solution from inception through delivery to handover.
- Leading the team of Solution Architects.
- To work with Business Architects and Analysts to ensure what is proposed is both fit for purpose and meets the core business needs.
- To direct a number of other Technical Design, Application and Network & Communications Architects during the design and delivery phase.
- To assist with the coordination of other technical SME’s to support the delivery and implementation phases of a programme or project.
- To understand the challenges and complexities that exists within each stream or area of a programme and be able to integrate these activities.
- Promote co-operation and facilitate coordination of all technical and non-technical streams within a programme to achieve the successful delivery of an integrated solution.
- Be an excellent communicator and comfortable at explaining and presenting both solutions and rationale for decision making to a technical and non-technical audience via documentation and presentations.
- Provide consultancy to determine and understand the dependencies that exist between technical and non-technical components across streams.
- Support the project / programme manager/Director in understanding the risks, dependencies and issues that exist and the impact that these may have on the project / programme.
- Understand what the project / programme will deliver from a business and benefits perspective and to advise on areas where this in not congruent with the proposed solution.
- Proven Solution Architecture experience
- Must have strong commercial awareness, and an understanding of how business work financially
- Possesses a broad knowledge of solution areas such as transformation and migration, security, business analysis, applications, integration and infrastructure, service management, including trends in the current marketplace and understands how these interact to arrive at a solution.
- Expert in using architectural principles and frameworks.
- Good cloud technology exposure with Azure and/or AWS
- Significant experience of adopting and enforcing governance and assurance methods
- Experience of designing & implementing solutions as part of multi-stream change programmes.
- Experience of Agile deliveries using a DevOps process
- Working in an IT Outsource environment involved in transition of new customers.
- Working on the transformation of the IT estate into target architecture.
- Working in large change programmes in a leadership role involving key integration of some of the leading technology supplier and their products (e.g. Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, EMC, Cisco, SAP, Google etc.).
About Capita Technology Solutions:
Capita Technology Solution are part of Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers’ needs, we’ve helped opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- A term time only contract
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
To apply for this job please visit www.capita.com.