Website The Bulb
Settlement and Reconciliation Officer, The Bulb
The Bulb Africa is recruiting for one of its startups. We are looking for a Settlement and Reconciliation Officer that will be responsible for the reconciliation and settlement activities within the organization. Facilitate complete and accurate processing of settlement figures for all transactions/products by ensuring that required due diligence is performed. Ensure that all assigned reports are accurately and timely reconciled to show a true and fair view of processed transactions with partner organizations including banks, payment processing networks, and service providers and respond to any dispute issues.
- Reconciling payments to ensure the accounting systems reflect the correct transactions.
- Performing daily, weekly and monthly financial transactions such as verifying, calculating, and posting accounts receivable data.
- Ensure that the organization receives complete settlement at the right time. Investigate and process chargebacks.
- Checking payment scheme files to validate settlement of all financial transactions.
- Escalate incomplete settlement, bank statement and reports to the team in charge to investigate.
- Work with the technical team to automate the reconciliation process.
- Ensure that the organization is not losing money to vendors or customers.
Ownership: You are dependable. You will do what is required, not what is requested. As a result, you see gaps, and you continually work to ensure they do not impact the outcomes of your deliverables.
Adaptability: You understand the requirements of working in a company with a startup culture like Settl and are agile enough to take on responsibilities that advance the mission and objectives of the organization.
Teachable: Your desire to deepen your knowledge of what you know and learn what you do not is insatiable. You leverage the people, tools and resources at your disposal to increase your capacity to deliver.
Excellent organization skills: ability to plan and organize work so that it is efficient and effective Able to operate with ‘start-up agility’ and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in cards/mobile/payment finance, fully integrated in all aspects of settlement and daily reconciliation process.
- Detailed understanding of the operational aspects of payment cards, mobile payments and banking industry.
- Previous experience within a Reconciliation, Settlement or Middle Office environment.
- Experience working in a Fintech is an added advantage.
To apply for this job, click here --> pace.africa.