Social Media Associate
Carry1st is the leading publisher of social games and interactive content in Africa. We work with studios across the globe – from Addis Ababa to Sofia to New York City – to level up their games and scale in dynamic, frontier markets. In addition to our full-stack publishing service, we’ve built a proprietary payments and ecommerce experience which allows customers to pay for digital content, even when they don’t have a credit card.
As our Social Media Associate, you will be responsible for building community around Carry1st’s games and Shop. You will own strategy and day-to-day management of all social media channels to engage our players and consumers in Africa.
- Create and deliver on our social media strategy across all of our games
- Work closely with the Marketing Associate to craft social media content for the Carry1st Shop
- Partner with creative and localisation teams to create assets that resonate with players
- Analyze and improve the performance of the game’s social media channels
- Collaborate with our Influencer Marketing team to engage content creators in target geos
- Plan, execute, and track new initiatives, and report progress internally and to publishing partners
- Monitor player and community sentiments to provide relevant feedback to Product Team and game studios
What makes you a great candidate?
- A passion for the gaming industry, and for mobile games in particular
- 4+ years of experience in social media marketing on the client side or top digital/advertising agencies
- Strong creative and editorial skills – including language localization
- Experience with social analytics across channels and ability to summarize data into insights
- Experience growing social communities and developing content on social platforms
- Creative, player-first approach
What will we offer you?
- The ability to scale one of the fastest-growing companies in Africa
- Mentorship from champions in the industry
- Unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- Equity ownership
Some additional perks you’ll get access to…
- Co-working excursions and retreats: Teams are encouraged to work from a shared location and visit each other. Carry1st will cover travel expenses, accommodation, and provide you with a daily spending allowance
- Company Equipment Perk: To help set our teammates up for success we make sure you’ve got everything you need to work from home
- Remote working allowance: An additional $600 a year that you can put towards creating your own office space, whether it’s internet expenses, ad-hoc equipment, or putting it towards a co-working space. We don’t mind!
- Birthday Leave: No one should have to work on their birthday! Our teammates can enjoy a paid day off on their special day
- Learning and Development: To encourage continuous improvement, we have a Professional Development Fund to enable teammates to attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.