Social Media Associate
The Social Media Associate will be responsible for growing and overseeing all activities on SLA’s social media platforms. You will develop strategies to improve business visibility and brand awareness on these social media platforms.
- Being proactive to ensure that SLA is a part of important conversations related to African women, business, career, and life
- Grow the number of followers and page engagement
- Lead weekly strategic meetings on the content direction for all platforms
- Work with the growth teams to boost growth through social media.
- Establish and deliver community engagement goals on a weekly and monthly basis
- Utilize data and analytics to drive decision making and advise social content and editorial decisions
- Oversee and complete social content production and editing every week
- Develop new concepts and series for our audience and seek out contributors
- Listen to our users and encourage dialogue on our platforms
We’re Looking For Someone Who
- Has the ability to work and deliver exceptional results remotely
- Has experience with digital content creation (knowledge of Canva a plus)
- Has ample project management skills, and is not afraid to take ownership of a new program and help it grow
- Can work independently and is happy to join a virtual team
- Has a can-do attitude and is flexible enough to take on any task we throw at them
- Is passionate, hungry and eager to build SLA into a world-class institution
- Has high professional and ethical standards i.e. understands that there’s no such thing as African time – you’re just late
- Is comfortable taking and giving feedback
- Has a good sense of humor – because we’ll be working hard so we better keep each other entertained
- Is comfortable working in a startup environment where we’re making the rules up as we go along
- Full-time position
Hours Of Work
- 50 hours per week, usual working hours are from 9:00am – 6:00pm WAT.
- There will be a requirement from time to time to start work earlier or finish later as the role dictates.
To apply for this job, click here --> bit.ly.