Website iO Global
Software Engineer (Cardano DB Sync)
As a Software Engineer at IOG you are responsible for writing high-quality code for our products. You have the exciting challenge of working with cutting-edge research and technology with a focus on the market’s needs. To support you on this challenge, our products have software architects, product managers, project managers, formal methods specialists and QA test engineers, with whom you must communicate professionally, effectively and efficiently.
- Follow agile software development practices
- Work with teams across multiple time zones
- Work independently on software development tasks
- Be proactive and require minimal supervision or mentoring to complete tasks
- Review specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contribute to the design of algorithms
- Write clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies previously agreed acceptance criteria and specifications
- Commit often and submit small pull requests frequently
- Cover your code with unit, property and integration tests when applicable
- Review the pull requests of your team mates
- Fix bugs in your own code and in legacy code from others
- Be available for emergency fixing of severity 1 issues on deployed products
- Integrate software components and third-party libraries
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Write documentation for the code
- Write technical user manuals
- Be knowledgeable of distributed and concurrent computation
- Be knowledgeable of the basics of cryptography
- Degree in Computer Science is desirable but not essential
- Experience working with Git and Git workflow
- Practical experience with Agile software development methods
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Haskell development skills: ghc/cabal
- Database experience [postgresql] highly useful
- Experience with using nix useful
- Good understanding of Quickcheck/Hedgehog and property testing.
- Good understanding of concurrent programming / concurrency.
- Good understanding of call-by-need, memoization and lazy evaluation.
- Experience in similar languages: PureScript, Elm, Idris, Agda, Ocaml, F#.
- Experience with / contributions to GHC (Glasgow Haskell Compiler)
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.