Software Engineer (DevOps & Cloud)
As a Software Engineer at Think-it, you will play a vital role in delivering real solutions to the ways we live, move, eat and work on this planet. Our cross-disciplinary teams work with partners globally to tackle diverse and complex challenges, and no two projects are the same. We are seeking a Software Engineer with 3-5 years of experience in web and mobile development, and the ability to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally for our partner projects.
We’re on the lookout for a talented DevOps Engineer with a passion for AWS. Are you the person we’re searching for? We need a team player with at least two years of experience working within the AWS ecosystem to join our team.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring cloud infrastructure, as well as building CI/CD pipelines to support our partner projects. We’re looking for someone who loves solving complex problems and is committed to delivering solutions that delight our users, whether they’re internal or external.
80%: Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain complex cloud-native architectures and solutions that are reliable, performant, and scalable, maintainable using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles.
- Monitor and optimize infrastructure management to ensure optimal performance, availability, and security.
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines to support collaboration between different teams, including developers, quality assurance, and operations.
- Build technical documentation for partner projects, and contribute to Think-it’s internal knowledge and codebases
- Support our social impact learning programs and internal Learning & Development by coaching up-and-coming engineers on your areas of expertise
- Mentor and support junior full-stack engineers in their partner projects, learning goals, and performance assessment processes
20%: Up to you! What are you passionate about? What do you want to learn, and where else would you like to contribute?
What we’re looking for
- At least 2 years of experience as a DevOps engineer and 3 years working as a Software Engineer, including experience with designing and implementing complex application architectures with a focus on reliability, high-availability, performance, and scalability.
- Strong focus on DevOps and Cloud, including relevant experience working within the AWS ecosystem
- Experience with architecting infrastructures using infrastructure as code, specifically Terraform.
- Professional proficiency in either Python or Go.
- Experience in Kubernetes and Docker or other container platforms
- Strong debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques, Tools, and TDD
- Professional written and verbal fluency in English
Who you are
- You are self-motivated. You take initiative, are naturally curious, and can learn new things quickly while continuing to deliver value on the job.
- You are a shipper. You respect deadlines, accomplish your work autonomously, and have experience setting a positive example for self-management to your team members.
- You are people-centric. You have the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts, and enjoy helping others grow.
- You are embracing a DevOps mindset and want to bring this to our partners and the tech community.
It would be great if you also have:
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- Experience organizing workshops, bootcamps, developer groups, or forums
- Experience working with other cloud services providers (GCP or Azure)
- Experience coaching junior developers in a structured or unstructured setting
- Experience working with international and/or distributed teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with data visualization and mapping
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.