Website Red Canary
Job Title: Software Engineer
You are passionate about applying your technical expertise to quickly ship an MVP based on requirements, and refine it through feedback from your customers. You’re comfortable diving into a large Rail application that serves 200+ customers. We are searching for a Rails engineer to join us in building the Red Canary platform. We continuously push product improvements to production so on day one you will be making security better for a large number of organizations. Our customers depend on us 24/7 and the software you build makes a meaningful difference to improve their security. In this role you may work from our Denver office or remote.
What You’ll Do as a Software Engineer
- Work dynamically with your engineering team as you build, test, and refine Red Canary’s product suite
- Write great code and tackle a wide variety of technical problems – help with bugs, new features and small enhancements on the product
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to improve Red Canary’s offerings
- Build a product that our customers love – Ensure great quality of your code through tests, both pre- and post deployment
What You’ll Bring
- Have 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Love to write code and take full ownership of a product or feature from concept to launch
- Are experienced with Ruby on Rails and other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
- Ability to be in an on call rotation within the Engineering department
- Architect scalable applications that serves both internal and external users and high-volume background tasks
- Have confidence making architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Test the software you write to ensure we deliver the highest quality products
- Have deep knowledge of operating Postgres at scale, including replication, monitoring and optimization, preferred
Targeted base salary: $115,000 – 130,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
– 100% Paid Premiums- Red Canary pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents. No waiting period.
– Fertility Benefits- All new hires are eligible for benefits as of their first day.
– Flexible Time Off- Take the vacation and sick time you need.
– Health Reimbursement Account- Fully funded by Red Canary to offset out of pocket expenses such as deductibles, coinsurance and copays.
– Flexible Work Environment- With 60% remote workforce, Canaries can work from virtually almost anywhere.
– Paid Parental Leave- Full base pay to bond/care for your new child.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Software Engineer (Ruby/Rails) at Red Canary, Remote.Share with someone