MTN Group Limited
Title: Specialist – Transaction Monitoring
- Develop and oversee transaction monitoring systems to report relevant compliance matters, ensuring bank operations adhere to regulatory provisions.
- To support the Manager, AML/CFT/CPF & MLRO and Director, Compliance in establishing a compliance culture within the bank by ensuring that the Bank’s AML/CFT/CPF efforts are in line with MoMo PSB, Group standards, and international best practice, thereby reducing the risk of sanctions and the financial and reputational loss that comes with noncompliance.
- Review of risk-based transaction monitoring reports (e.g., PEP, NGO, etc.) and RFIs for suspicious activity in order to protect the bank from ML/TF risk exposure.
- Review of suspicious transaction reports in line with NFIU requirements
- Ensure tracking of escalated STRs from agents.
- Ensure the rendition of risk-based supervision (RBS) and compliance-related AML regulatory returns.
- Render a monthly return on infractions to CBN within stipulated timelines.
- Implement transaction monitoring controls for agents, remittances, and merchant compliance programs.
- Ensure an update of the bank’s internal watchlist.
- Carry out due diligence checks to manage financial crime risks posed by customers and their counterparties, products, etc. using Dow Jones.
- Conduct a bank-wide annual ML/TF risk assessment.
- Prepare management reports for the manager, AML/CFT/CPF, and MLRO/Chief Compliance Officer as appropriate.
- Ensure a response to requests for information (RFIs) from correspondent banks.
- Educate and train employees on key regulations and internal policies.
- Provide prompt compliance advisory support to all internal stakeholders.
- Maintain a compliance glossary of applicable laws and regulations governing anti-money laundering (AML), combating the financing of terrorism (CFT), and countering proliferation financing (CPF).
- Review and analyze AML/CTF’s current trends and news to identify risks, policies, legislation, or any issues associated with money laundering or other financial crimes.
- Coordinate the collation of information necessary for compliance audits performed by external auditors and ensure all compliance requests are met and completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain an AML/CFT/CPF compliance dashboard to assess the effectiveness of AML/CFT/CPF risk management practices and controls.
- Minimum of a university first degree in law, economics, finance, business administration, or any related field.
- Compliance certification such as ACAMS, ICA, CFE, or CIN is an advantage.
- Proven experience as an AML/CFT/CPF Specialist in the banking industry or within Mobile Financial Services.
- Working knowledge of AML/CFT/CPF and other compliance requirements, laws, and rules in mobile money services, banking, switching services, or e-payment companies.
- Experience of the local financial services regulatory landscape.
- Experience and knowledge of data analysis in a risk management environment.
- Good knowledge of the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Payment Service Bank Guidelines and AML/CFT/CPF Regulations.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU) directives and regulations.
- Good knowledge of currency transaction reporting (STR, SAR, FTR, and rendition of other compliance-related returns).
- Good knowledge of AML/CFT/CPF monitoring tools.
- Experience working in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and execute complex projects under pressure.
To apply for this job please visit ehle.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.