Website Future Africa
Role: Strategy Associate at Future Africa
Full-time, Fully Remote (open to candidates globally)
The Funds for Africa’s Future is an asset manager that invests early in mission driven founders solving hard problems in large markets. Our mission is to build an African future by turning our most difficult challenges into global business opportunities. We have 70+ portfolio companies with $30M+ USD under management and our fund is backed by the founders of Andela, Paystack, Jumpbike and investors at Local Globe. If this sounds exciting to you, we should probably talk about working together.
- At least 2-3 years experience in a top tier Consulting firm
- A keen interest in developing the Startup space in Africa
- Ability to contribute to strategic discussions while being hands on at the same time
- Excellent ability to write a great story in presentation format quickly and independently
- Advanced skills in meeting management
- Super organised in handling multiple tasks and prioritising work
- A voracious appetite for feedback, hard work and professional development
- Communicate fluently in English
- Ability to work remotely with fast & reliable internet
- Minimum 5+ hours overlap with WAT business hours
In this role, you’ll often find yourself…
- Defining the strategic roadmap together with the Leadership Team.
- Ensuring key goals are defined across all units of the organization.
- Designing and tracking a Future Africa KPI cockpit.
- Turning strategic business goals and decisions into actionable team projects.
- Leading and accelerating selected Strategic Initiatives.
- Shadowing CEO/COO/CFO in key meetings and write decks for key initiatives.
- Creating materials (e.g. presentations) for key meetings and initiatives.
- Facilitating meetings with Partners, Advisors, and Boards.
This role could be perfect for you if you identify as 2+ of the following…
You enjoy communicating across departments to ensure all team members are aligned with strategy and development process. You keep internal and external stakeholders abreast of business progress through meetings, presentations, calls and emails. You have successfully leveraged handled executive communications across cadre and teams on strategy and business progress.
You love crafting presentations almost as much as you love finding the numbers that tell a story. You are able to turn an executive conversation into a masterpiece presentation identifying missing pieces and complementing it with your own research. You are not shy to ask the right questions at the right time.
Executive Coach Turned Trusted Advisor
You like working with people who have big aspirations and need your help to see them come to life. You use empathy and appreciation to ask and answer the right questions at the right time. You’ve developed both a patient demeanor and a firm, guiding hand through many years of working with advising executives.
Problem Space Navigator
You love identifying opportunities for improvement. You are an expert in collaboratively scoping and solving business problems with executives. You have identified multiple problems and solutions to help businesses navigate their emerging challenges.
For priority consideration, please apply by 28 February 2022.
To apply for this job please click on -> futureafricanew.bamboohr.com.