Job Title: Subject Matter Expert
Use your commercial prowess coupled with your technical knowledge of Genomics & The NGS workflow to provide credibility and technical insights during the customer sales journey as our new Subject Matter Expert from Italy.
We believe there is a smarter, more data-driven way to make decisions in healthcare. We spend our time enabling healthcare professionals and now we’re looking for someone to help enable one of our most critical assets – Our Sales Team.
(This is a field based remote with c. 50% travel across the territory)
As a Subject Matter Expert you will provide deep, technical knowledge of the SOPHiA GENETICS Products and Applications across the Genomics & NGS Workflow to our Customers alongside our Sales Executive in this commercially focused Pre-Sales role.
You will individually drive activity across Italy, and support Europe and the Middle Eastern markets as part of our SME Team.
- Partner closely with Sales Executives as a product technical expert to support, drive and close sales opportunities.
- Deliver platform demonstrations and in-depth presentations to customers and participate in trade shows, vendors shows and technical/promotional seminars.
- Provide expert knowledge across the full range of SOPHiA GENETICS products and applications, including AI SaaS Solutions to manage and interpret NGS Biomarkers and Laboratory Preparation.
- Gather and share competitive market intelligence and drive continuous product development in collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Product Management.
To be best established for success in this role, you will bring:
- BSc, MSc or PHd in a relevant field such as Genetics, Molecular Biology, Oncology or similar.
- Previous working knowledge in a Commercial Technical support role linked to Genomics, including Field Applications Scientist, Clinical Application Consultant, Technical Specialist/Advisor or Subject Matter Expert within a Clinical Diagnostics, Biotech or Medical environment is highly sought.
- Direct experience (Technical or commercial) with products throughout the NGS Workflow including wet lab molecular biology products is critical.
- Comfortable in translating complex, technical vocabulary into simple terminology and the ability to communicate effectively with both commercial & technical stakeholders is essential.
- Full Fluency in both Italian and English
You will be joining an organization with the patient at the heart of every decision and action, driven by purpose as we drive exponential growth.
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- International and multicultural environment
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- All the accessories you need: MacBook Pro, Keyboard, Monitor, Noise-cancelling headphones
- Excellent Medical Insurance covering Health, Dental and Vision
- Life insurance
Starting date: ASAP (or as agreed)
Location: Home office based (Italy)
Contract type: Permanent, Full-time
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.