Job Title: Systems & Application Engineer (Networks)
We are looking for a Systems & Applications Engineer to join our Tools Operations Network Tooling Team within Capita IT&N Operations. The role will be an internal customer facing position and will require demonstrable experience and in-depth knowledge of Cisco and/or Juniper Network Infrastructure as well as knowledge of Windows & Linux IT Infrastructure hosted Tooling such as monitoring, access control & security, & network management.
A “can do” attitude is important, as is the ability to learn new technical skills and problem solve.
What you’ll be doing:
- Key member of team of Network Systems & Applications Engineers responsible for the delivery of ITIL based framework of support activities, consisting of request, problem and change management. This includes the co-ordination of timely technical solutions and responses, including liaising with third party support and external contractors; monitoring progress and keeping users appraised.
- Provide 1st/2nd line support and administration of Monitoring services such as network device performance monitoring, traffic monitoring, VoIP quality monitoring, configuration backup, user network device tracking, an overlay providing Service Availability Monitoring SLA’s, and front-end load balancers.
- Provide 1st/2nd line support and administration of role-based access control services such as LDAP integrated Identity Services Engine (TACACS), RADIUS Services, Security Logging (Syslog), SIEM integration, and two factor authentication, underpinning a remote desktop farm providing RemoteApp Services.
- Provide 1st/2nd line support and administration of network management tooling such as wireless network management, network device automation, smart network device licensing gateways, mail & web security gateways, IP Address management, public DNS services, and NTP Services.
- Perform service/application patching & release updates, maintain network device backup schedules, and run daily checks on platform/systems.
- Participate in the design process and undertake build/deployment of complex application platforms, and services.
- In the event of major faults or planned system maintenance, to undertake necessary works outside of normal working hours.
- Undertake any other administrative duties such as systems backup, and equipment / systems inspections, as assigned.
- Work closely with the wider business teams such as Service Management, Technical Design, Network Engineering, & Programme/Project Management.
What we’re looking for:
- Analysis & trend reporting
- Continuous Improvement
- Operational Security
- Provision of ITIL Services
- User Focused
- Relationship Management
- Knowledge of Windows Server Build and/or Support.
- Knowledge of Cisco and/or Juniper Network equipment.
- Experience of local and wide area networking at an enterprise level.
- Experience of SolarWinds Network Management & Monitoring tooling.
- Knowledge and/or experience of working in ITIL-based support environments.
- Experience of working within a matrix / shared services structure.
- Ability to work effectively at pace and with competing priorities.
- Understanding of Information Security (ISO27001) principles & Cyber Essentials Plus.
About Capita Technology and Software Solutions
Capita Technology and Software Solutions (TSS) is a 5000 people strong global shared service, responsible for delivering innovation and digital transformation for Capita’s colleagues, businesses, and clients.
We design, build, and run the right technical competencies and partnerships to enable Capita to deliver seamless public and customer services – from working collaboratively with Capita’s businesses to shape the right technology and software solutions to take to market, to ensuring colleagues have access to resilient, predictable IT services and support, which enables them to work effectively and securely.
TSS is right at the heart of Capita, as we work to create a technology-led organization. You’ll be part of a Capita-wide network of 55,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines, sectors, and countries. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel, and technology
- the opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at email@example.com or call 07784 237318 and we’ll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
To apply for this job please visit www.capita.com.