Hi there! I’mChris, the founder ofStack Shift. We’re excited by the rise of distributed work and are developing cohort-based programs that help tech talent expand their networks and explore high-impact jobs at fast-growing firms.
We’re looking for a founding member of our talent operations team. This role is focused on recruiting candidates for our programs along with connecting talent to roles within our hiring partner network.
- Location: Hybrid (Remote-first with occasional in-person in Lagos)
- Pay: Above Market
- Commitment: Full-time
About Stack Shift
We’re excited by the shift to remote work because it’s enabling a global redistribution of opportunity. Jobs are becoming decoupled from geography, expanding economic opportunities for millions.
Yet high-quality distributed work can be difficult to find. It can also be hard for remote talent to find peers and mentors invested in their success. This is what we’re focused on at Stack Shift.
Our mission is to advance the spread of distributed work. We do this by running cohort-based programs that help experienced tech talent in Nigeria expand their networks and explore high-impact jobs at fast-growing firms.
About the Role
As the founding member of Stack Shift’s talent operations team, you’ll lead efforts to recruit candidates for our fellowship programs. You’ll also work on direct searches, working to place promising candidates with hiring partners. Your work will involve:
- Reaching out to candidates through Linkedin, Twitter, Github, etc.
- Conducting screening calls to learn about their career interests and recommending them to specific roles within our network.
- Advising fellows on career transition and how they can improve their profile and process.
- Working with hiring partners to better understand their business, industry, work culture, and hiring needs.
- Iterating on search requirements and connecting partners with promising candidates.
Who you are
- Empathic listener with a spirit of service. As the first point of contact for Stack Shift, it’s important that candidates feel that they can trust you with their career transition. Warmth, friendliness, and an authentic desire to help people navigate career change will help you to connect with candidates and understand their goals.
- Immersed in tech. Expertise in at least one tech domain will be helpful in this role. Maybe you’ve tried your hand at software development, are passionate about product management, or dabble in product design?
- A natural connector and network builder. Do your friends come to you for career advice? Do you enjoy building relationships and leveraging your network to help others?
- Organized and clear communicator. Do you have high attention to detail and pride yourself on quick, clear communication?
We’ll prioritize candidates that have had previous experience in technical recruiting. We’re also especially excited to speak with candidates that have knowledge of crypto, deFi, and Web3. If neither fits you, that’s OK. Please apply anyways!
What you’ll get
- An amazing network. You’ll have the opportunity to build relationships with top tech talent along with the leaders of global startups.
- Remote work flexibility. We operate mostly remote and have a hybrid work culture. We have space to work out of in Lekki Phase 1.
- The opportunity to greatly improve the incomes of talent in Nigeria as you help them navigate career change and find high-impact jobs.
- An above-market salary. Benefits include stock options, data reimbursement, commuting reimbursement, healthcare, and a new laptop.
- This role will position you for future roles in venture capital, technical recruiting, or people operations.
To apply for this job, click here --> bit.ly.