- Maintain records of all vehicles within city jurisdiction and maintain records of their status at all times
- Ensure that records admitted in VAMS (Our Home grown Computerized maintenance management system) are without errors and reliable.
- Collaborate with the Driver Operations team to monitor vehicles to ensure that inactive vehicles in your domain do not exceed 2% at any point in time.
- Maintain a record of daily activations in your jurisdiction.
- Ensure that every vehicle that enters the facility is checked in and also checked out when they leave the facility.
- Setup of newly procured vehicles within a defined frame and budget
- Coordination of vehicle documentation process to complete the setup loop
- Oversee that all vehicles which are activation ready are activated timely
- Upload vehicle information into VAMS accurately
- Ensure that all vehicles scheduled for maintenance are checked into the premises and on VAMS
- Maintain detailed records of vehicle maintenance and servicing
- Coordinate with Authorized Service Workshops in his jurisdiction to ensure that service records are entered into VAMS
- Liaises with OEMs to ensure Warranty issues are tracked and closed out
- Follow up and ensure that insurance claims are closed out within the allocated time and ensure vehicles are restored to service
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws related to the repair of vehicles and equipment use and care
- Responsible for maintenance of all operational vehicles in jurisdiction (These include vehicles used by verification, retrievals teams etc.)
- Ensure that vehicles deactivated or churned are immediately assessed and planned for refurbishment
- Follow up to ensure that churned vehicles are re-certified within the period set up in the SOP.
- Work with the growth team to ensure that recertified vehicles are activated timely with zero refurbishment returns
- Ensure every vehicle is tracked and reporting live location on the IoT Platform. Work with recovery teams to ensure that every defaulting vehicle is returned to the yard
- Escalate issues with vehicle security to management and follow up for prompt resolution.
- Manage subordinates’ teams to boost morale and drive collaboration between the teams.
- Create strategies to reduce cost, increase profits and improve efficiency.
- Create a budget for the team and present to the management for proper analysis and approval
- Efficiently manage disbursed petty cash to ensure accountability.
- Oversee inventory to ensure that spare parts are judiciously used for the purpose for which they are procured.
- Strong interpersonal and communication(written and oral) skills
- Good understanding of Inventory Control principles and practices
- Proficient in MS Office/Google Workspace
- Good understanding of fleet management
- Critical and Analytical thinking
- Accuracy and Attention to detail
- Confidentiality and Thoroughness
- Minimum of HND in any Engineering/Business Discipline
- 4 Years cognate experience as a Fleet Officer
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.