Technical Product Marketing Manager
With over 2 million developers worldwide, Netlify is leading the transition to modern Jamstack-based web development. By uniting the ecosystem of developer tools and technologies, Netlify makes it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications.
Though our team is growing fast, we’ve managed to stay tight-knit while welcoming newcomers to the fold. We hail from around the globe with diverse backgrounds, we’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of 29 different nationalities
About the Position
We’re looking for a technical Product Marketing Manager to lead the organization in developing the architectural template, identifying key partners, and driving go to market strategy for ecommerce apps.
You’ll do this by defining how Netlify and our partners solve for ecommerce, developing core positioning, and working with the product team to influence product mix and pricing. You’ll then partner across sales, product, and marketing to create content and campaigns that drive adoption for this Netlify use case.
Product marketing is a highly strategic function at Netlify, that collaborates on go-to-market initiatives with the entire organization. You’ll track success against shared goals, report on progress and learnings along the way, and constantly look for creative ways to improve. You thrive in a small, nimble environment and have a quick start mentality — able to get to MVP fast and adapt to changes with ease.
You’re a product marketer who has a passion for understanding how and why customers use a product. As a natural storyteller, you can easily translate that knowledge into compelling positioning and content. You’re comfortable designing big bold product launches and then leading the entire company to execute against a plan. As a skilled writer, you’re obsessed with creating content that breaks through the noise and simplifies technical complexity.
Here are some of the things you’ll get to work on and learn about as part of this job:
- Map customer journey for headless commerce – Identify, track, and analyze the user lifecycle as they adopt a modern headless commerce approach to developing an ecommerce app. Identify opportunities to make customers more successful along the way.
- Create powerful stories for ecommerce – Spend time with customers so you can craft the best positioning for the combination of Netlify and our partners, considering business goals, workflow challenges, and software development stack. Empathize with the problems they experience and what motivates them. Then teach this to the rest of Netlify.
- Build a content and communication strategy – Learn how Netlify customers adopt our platform for ecommerce, identify where content or sample templates are needed to help them move faster, and then produce that content. Work with the rest of the org to optimize distribution of this content through product UI, website, retargeting and more. Then measure & optimize.
- Enable sales to succeed – Work with sales managers to develop and execute an enablement plan. Then build the pitch decks, product training, and customer-facing content that sales needs to educate our customers on headless commerce.
- Create custom ABM campaigns – Work with Marketing to identify and help run agile account-based marketing campaigns for this use case.
- Bring in partners that make solutions stronger – help identify partners that will make Netlify’s value proposition more compelling for developing ecommerce apps. Work with Product to prioritize integrations and with marketing to develop co-marketing strategies.
- Product packaging and selling motions – recommend and test packaged product bundles
- Security & compliance – understand the unique compliance requirements for ecommerce
Our Ideal Candidate
- You have a good understanding of the headless commerce approach to developing ecommerce applications. You understand the overall industry landscape and technology.
- You have a couple years or more of product marketing experience under your belt
- You have a background in development— maybe it was a 15-week software engineering bootcamp, or you picked up coding for fun on weekends, or you have a CS degree.
- You enjoy writing and can point to some work you’re proud of.
- You’re a natural storyteller and an excellent communicator who easily explains complex technical concepts with examples and analogies.
- You’re a detail-oriented project manager that not only builds the strategy for projects such as product launches and content initiatives, but also works across the organization to get it done.
We aren’t stuck on hard and fast requirements – everyone is different. We are looking for you to demonstrate whether you have the core attributes of a great product marketer.
To apply for this job please click on -> boards.greenhouse.io.