Becoming a Technical Support Consultant with Capita One
This is an extremely varied role that involves upgrades, migrations, installations and technical support, ranging from Operating System and RDBMS support through to supporting our in house developed applications.
The Technical Helpdesk has many functions, it provides adhoc support to all customers, a Managed Service for a subset of these, application and DBA support for our SaaS solution, as well as IaaS support in Microsoft Azure.
Our support model is rapidly changing and to meet the needs of our customer base we are moving into cloud- based hosting in Azure. This role will involve learning new skills as we change our methods of operation.
There is a requirement to work evenings and weekends for scheduled work, which is paid at overtime rates.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2 year’s IT support experience in a technical operational role
- 2nd line application support experience
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- The desire to continuously learn new skills and ability to learn quickly
- Able to work well in team and under your own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Previous experience in an external customer focused role.
- Linux or Unix command line
- Exposure of scripts in either Bash, PowerShell, Ruby or Python
- Microsoft product support (i.e. Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS)
- Basic TCP/IP networking skills
About Capita One
Capita One works to transform the lives of children, young people and families. We give our customers the information they need to improve outcomes and that’s why we’re currently delivering solutions to 120 local authorities to support early intervention and prevention. Our team is as passionate about people as we are – that’s why many of them have joined us directly from local authorities and the public sector – and why you could too.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary (£36,000 – £40,000)
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Work from home (#LI-Remote)
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at email@example.com or call 07784 237318 and we’ll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.
To apply for this job please visit www.capita.com.