Job Title: Technical Writer
We are building an open source time-series database focused on performance and simplicity.
QuestDB is used to store, process and analyze time-series data in real-time across a wide range of industries, such as Financial Services, Energy, Manufacturing, Web3 and Space Exploration. Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus and Yahoo deploy QuestDB for large-scale, data-intensive production systems, some of which serve close to a billion users.
Our open source repository has gathered 11k+ stars in three years, and is the fastest-growing in our category. We are a product-first company with a large community of developers. We are a globally distributed remote-first team backed by leading venture capital firms and Y Combinator.
The Technical Writer role
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our fast growing team. You will be writing technical documentation for developers along with explainers and tutorials. You should have demonstrable experience working closely with engineers and product managers to understand and document features along with programming experience and knowledge of database technologies. The role requires a good command of English, and great communication and self-motivation to succeed in a remote environment. You will report to the CEO and work closely with the engineering and product teams.
Technical Writer Responsibilities
- Document new features for a highly technical audience of developers
- Contribute and plan for blog posts and tutorials
- Maintain the highest standards of quality, clarity and consistency across the planning, and creation of our documentation, blogposts, and tutorials
- Work closely with Engineering teams to develop working code examples
- Participate in customer feedback programs to ensure customer relevancy and accuracy of our content
- Research and understand our product as well as related trends in time series databases.
- 3+ years as a technical writer
- Experience with a programming language such as Java, C#, Python, or Go
- Experience measuring and testing the success of documentation
- Knowledge of open source developer tools and SQL is preferred
- Self starter, proactively find new ways to improve the documentation and keep learning the best practices
- Detail oriented with excellent written English
- Good communications skills and team spirit
- Good time-management skills
What we offer
- Generous equity options package
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment (Mac or Linux or Windows)
- Wonderful, highly qualified colleagues and a fast paced, friendly and agile environment
- Truly international: more than 10 different nationalities
- A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- Little to zero controls combined with autonomous work where you set your own pace in a collaborative environment
- Exciting opportunities for career progression as we grow
Working at QuestDB
We hire talented and passionate people who share our mission to empower developers to solve their problems with data. We are building breakthrough technology to power the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- We are a company with thousands of users; our mission is to empower them.
- We invest in a culture that promotes ownership, autonomy and independent thinking.
- We have transparent leadership and value employees’ strategic inputs.
- Our team is ambitious and tackles the most difficult problems at the deepest data infrastructure layer.
To apply for this job please visit questdb.bamboohr.com.