We’re looking for a talented, driven, and enthusiastic UI/UX designer to join our growing remote team to collaborate with product management and engineering to design software, websites, and designs for content that we produce for ourselves as well as our industry-leading clients.
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other design projects is essential. Ultimately, a big part of your role will be making software products more user-friendly and intuitive with the goal of attracting and retaining customers while also designing goal-driven websites, landing pages & more. You will be our first UI/UX designer responsible for all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering & content teams.
ScaleMath is a customer acquisition and experience agency – in short, we help industry-leading companies grow. We pride ourselves in being the very best at what we do and offer unmatched attention to detail/care about the actual company compared to a traditional agency which often just cares about doing the bare minimum to pick up their monthly fee.
We’ve retained clients that we got from the very beginning even as we continued to grow and accept new clients & expand the team. We’re a fully remote, distributed team. Working at ‘ScaleMath’ is for you if you want to be a part of a driven team that’s motivated and fulfilled by doing exceptional work for incredible companies every single day.
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Figma)
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep up-to-date with competitor products and industry trends
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent written communication skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is a plus
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Important: We have a strict policy on moonlighting (we want people who are committing to working with us, not intending to do work on the side for other companies).
- Flexible working hours (ideally 5-6 hours overlap with UK Time zone).
- 20 days paid holiday per year
How To Apply
- This position will be closed as soon as we find the perfect match. So, make sure to read the description carefully and take your time to submit a high-quality application that stands out (you must include a link to your portfolio as well as include a custom letter describing the work you did, what work you enjoy most, what you bring to the table, etc.). This is your time showcase why you’d be the best hire we could make for this position.
- If you apply, we’ll respond promptly and keep you updated throughout the process.
- This is your chance to stand out, the best candidates in the past have included a short video to introduce themselves and share why they think they’d be a good fit for the role.
To apply for this job please click on -> jobs.ashbyhq.com.