Canonical delivers open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: UX Designer
- Our design team is on a mission to turn complex, open-source software into intuitive products that can change the face of enterprise IT. We are looking for an exceptional user experience designer, who shares our passion.
- Our mission is to make enterprise-grade open source software, applications and services available to people everywhere.
- We create world-renowned software, impacting the lives of millions of engineers, enterprises, entrepreneurs and consumers every day.
- Our multi-disciplinary web design and production team includes visual designers, UX designers, front-end and back-end developers to bring exciting web projects to life. We help and learn from each other and strive to improve our work and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in User Experience, Design or STEM
- Excellent academic results at school and university
- Knowledge and passion for user experience, technology and design
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement – curious, flexible, scientific
- Drive to finish work and celebrate success
- Confidence in user research practices
- Engagement with the latest design research and innovation
- UX designers should be excellent communicators who are at ease working with a complex mix of engineers, designers and executives.
- They represent us at cross-functional company meetings and must present their design position with clarity and precision.
- They should be confident and excited to take on complex design challenges.
- They should also be able to connect their design leadership to the strategic vision of the company.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to shape a company and products
- Influence in the open source community
- An inclusive work environment
- Learning and development
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel.
To apply for this job please visit jobsinnigeria.careers.