Website Alchemy and Aim
WordPress Backend Developer
Alchemy+Aim is a website development company, specializing in helping thought leaders, entrepreneurs and creative business owners. We’re doing things differently at Alchemy+Aim, focusing on building lateral structures in the company rather than traditional hierarchical ones. Team members have all the perks that contractors have, while also being able to really contribute to the growth of the company and the direction it’s moving in. We believe that when we work and grow together, we can accomplish great things.
You’d be working on custom WordPress sites. Ideally, you would be comfortable with front-end pieces as well as complex back-end ones.
You’d be communicating with the team regularly. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are occasionally some video chats we’ll need to do, typically via Zoom.
+ You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub, more power to you.)
+ Depending upon the type of work, you’ll either get paid a flat rate on a per-project basis or hourly for any clients we have ongoing support with (particularly those for which the scope is ever-evolving).
- You know how to work with Woocommerce.
- You’re very comfortable working with Advanced Custom Fields.
- You’ve built custom Gutenberg blocks.
- You have experience with Twig, even if not in a WordPress setting.
- You are comfortable working with third party APIs like Mailchimp or Google’s APIs.
- You understand how to work with modern web hosts like WPEngine and complex web hosts like Rackspace, are skilled in working with databases directly, and are confident migrating websites to new hosts.
To apply for this job please click on -> bit.ly.