Website British Council
British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
Administrative and Resource Assistant at British Council
Contract type: Fixed Term – 31 July 2022
Pay band: 4
- To provide logistical and administrative support to the FCR programmes managed through the Abuja office that will enable the programmes to achieve their outcomes and targets including close collaboration with the State Offices.
Main Accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- The post-holder supports all administrative processes affecting the arrival, presence and exit of programme staff (internal and external) to ensure they can carry out their duties effectively
- To support the effective delivery of the programme through knowledge of key processes and official organisations applicable to incoming international staff including immigration, National Planning Commission (NPC) residence registration, driving licences, etc.
- Lead in documenting appropriate processes/procedures for various residence permits for visiting international staff and consultants
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key individuals who facilitate the official status of expatriate staff in country
- Facilitating all clearances necessary to ensure effective entry, presence and exit of international staff and consultants
- Make key programme policy documents available to visitors, e.g. Equality policy; IT Usage Policy Code of Conduct and ensuring that necessary papers/documents required from visiting consultants/staff are submitted on time and filed appropriately
- Develop and update data of various contact details of the hotels and ticketing agents used by the programme (including immigration and National Planning Commission)
- Lead in providing timely data on costs (hotel accommodation, hall/venue and flight) to the technical team to support preparation of budgets and analysis of VFM ratios
- Line management of Abuja Driver/Office Assistants including overseeing the maintenance office of the vehicle fleet and ensuring that drivers complete and record details of all the vehicle safety checks.
- Provide support to the Procurement & Facilities Manager around Inventories, Procurement, Office and Residential issues etc including being the first contact point for any maintenance issues required at the office or any of the residences.
- Ensure that appropriate service contracts are in place for the state office and necessary services of the equipment are carried out in line with the agreed schedule.
- Programme team and external contacts are satisfied with logistical and administrative support.
- Financial administration is prompt and in line with British Council and EU standards.
- All logistic arrangements for staff, consultants and visitors are made in accordance with agreed standards, in good time and communicated effectively to the persons concerned
- Effective relationships are maintained with external contacts in relation to visit management, visas, flight bookings etc.
- Positive feedback from visitors and other team members about arrangements for workshops and Events.
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Graduate level education
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working on programme logistics for an international organization.
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function.
- Experience working with SAP.
- Basic IT skills including word and excel.
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context.
- Experience of managing fleet of vehicles.
Salary: ₦6,154,368.00 per annum.
Application Deadline: 16th December, 2021 (23:59 Nigeria Time).
To apply for this job please click on -> careers.britishcouncil.org.